Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Help requested on 3D modelling of grills for Beolabs

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Help requested on 3D modelling of grills for Beolabs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MVee
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 9

Dear fellow Members,

Being in love with my Beolab 4/6/8000’s but seeing some great wooden grills on the internet, I am looking for an enthusiastic fellow member that is willing to pick up a project with me to create 3D models of clamps for these speakers and make the source available here on this forum.

I know fantastic work has been done by some (for instance matador, great work!), but I also see websites of semi commercial suppliers that there are more esthetic versions thinkable.

I am able to design and create a 2D vector version of the clamps and am looking for an enthusiastic member that is able to create models for 3D printers and is willing to co-create these.

Looking forward for your thoughts and to start measuring, designing and modelling!  Thanks!

PS: can of course share some pictures of what I have in mind

jabaar
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 14

Hi Mvee,

Maybe I can help you.

I am trying to make and adjust the frets for 4 mm wood for Beolabs 6000, 8000 and 2500. It will take a lot of time and I’am almost there for Beolab 600 and 2500. With a little help from my students at Echnaton in Almere.

I have used your stl-files and adjusted it a little bit.

It will always a Do It Your Self project but nice to do.

Greetings, Jan.

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 47
          • Total Posts 728

(for instance matador, great work!), but I also see websites of semi commercial suppliers that there are more esthetic versions thinkable.

Sorry to say, but you’re really hurting me.

Clamps or any BL 8000 third party solution looks bulgy, fat and in any way are expensive.

I would pompously say that people is SELLING my FREE clamps over the internet only because I’m dumb and those things are over me (not as bitter as I look).

I’m kind of proud someone goes ahead and made the 6000 clamps.

Now, be smart, think, and get a gold membership instead…

In the end you’ll win more than cheap BL18 look alike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Help requested on 3D modelling of grills for Beolabs

• You must be logged in to create new topics.