Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Help – Refurbishment – B&O CRT TV’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NickLX2800
    BRONZE Member

Hi there,

I’m wondering if any one can help refurbish a couple of B&O TV’s or know of anyone who can help.

I’m happy to pay for the service.

The TV’s are 28inch CRT’s and the model numbers are as follows:

• Beovision LS5500
      • Beovision LX2800

I picked them up for vintage gaming and would like someone who knows what there doing to conduct the following:

• Full disasebmly and clean – dust & dirt to be cleaned out and circuit board to be scrubed with isopropyl alcohol.
      • Caps to be replaced
      • Inspect anode cable, make sure there’s no splits. Make sure connection is still good

I want the work doing so I can ensure the TV’s can work reliably into the future.

I am based in Warrington which is close to Manchester and Liverpool. I’m in no rush for th work to be carried out and they can be done a TV at time.

If anyone can help or knows of anyone who can help please get in touch.

I’ve attached pictures of the TVs below.

All the best,

Nick

david656
      BRONZE Member

Hi Nick.

Nice couple of CRTs there.

I’m down in Bristol and have a little YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@TheRetroBristolian/videos

I’ve started dablling into CRT repair and have purchased a high voltage discharge probe, B+K Precision 470 REJUVENATOR etc with the intent of getting more seriously into it. I also have a Spyder 4 colorimeter which is used to dial in the colours and white balance perfectly. I’ve used the Spyder on a few CRTs with really amazing results, sets that were clearly too blue now have lovely 240p crisp colours on game consoles.

I have an MX7000 and an AV9000 I need to re-cap next year, the nearest guide to a recap has probably been the terminal video I did – https://youtu.be/NPvmo6zbSi0 and of course my Beolab Penta amplifier re-cap video has had some very positive feedback, now with over 7000 views: https://youtu.be/psY_RV1NjHM

I don’t claim to be an expert and I hope you find someone closer to you and perhaps with more experience than I, but perhaps if you have no luck and when I get round to doing my MX7000 it might be something you feel more comfortable/confident in talking with me about.

I’ve had a quick look on Beoworld and sadly they don’t have the service manuals for your sets listed (at a glance). Do you/have you found the service manuals? they can be quite useful when it comes to test points, setting voltages and adjusting things.

I wish you well in your quest – restoring CRT TVs is something that interests me greatly and I’d love to see more people taking the time and care to bring them back to their best and enjoying them – I personally have an Avant 32 DVD in the bedroom I watch almost daily and really enjoy.

Take care,

David

NickLX2800
        BRONZE Member

Hi David,

Many thanks for your response and for the information provided.

I’ll definately check out your YouTube links.

I’m actually in Yate at the moment, visiting family for Christmas. I picked up the LX2800 down here and will be taking it back up north as it works. It just needs a service.

However, I’ve picking up another couple of sets in the next two days. One was free and the other cost very little.

I was going to store them at my sister’s and come back at a later date to pick them up in a van. However, as they are staying locally would you be interested in having a crack at them to service them and bring the back to life?  There’s no rush and I can come down to pick them up at a later date.

The sets are as follows:

B&O LS 5000 (the glass screen needs sticking back on)

Beovision 8902

Have a look at the pictures attached.

I don’t have the service manuals for anything. But I could do further research online to try and source them.

Let me know if you fancy having a crack.

See pictures attached.

Thanks,

Nick

NickLX2800
          BRONZE Member

Hi there,

Just to note I’ve found a service manual for the LS 5000 and a service diagram for the Beovision 8902.

See uploaded docs.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
            Nick

NickLX2800
            BRONZE Member

Beovision LS5000 service manual. I’ve noticed it’s in German though with some wording in English.

david656
              BRONZE Member

Hi Nick,

This is funny on a lot of levels!

I live in Yate also, but I’m currently in Hanham with my parents for reasons I’ll get to.

I see you’ve been watching eBay and Facebook Market place the same as me, that very LX2800 was on eBay in Somerset I believe, and I was looking to buy it myself before you bided and then I thought I’d leave it.

The LS5000 was from Facebook I believe in Bristol?

The 8902 I’m not sure I’ve spotted that one.

The LX2800 has a service manual luckily scanned on archive.org https://archive.org/details/manual_LX2800_BEOVISION

The LS5000 and 8902 I haven’t found anything yet.

2022 has been a difficult year for me personally, my 97 year old grandmother sadly had dementia and I’ve been caring for her and looking after her finances etc – she sadly passed in October and we had the funeral on the 1st of December so it’s been a hard year and 2023 will be hard in different ways trying to sort everything out. I’m over my parents at the moment as we don’t have a bathroom in our house anymore! I started ripping it out before my gran fell seriously ill and just haven’t had the chance to get back to it! so I’m going to be a bit tied up till February at the earliest.

If you drop me a personal message I can share my email and phone number and we can have a good chat if you like, as for cost I have no idea at this stage, but lets have a chat and go from there.

Take care,

David

mlawrence
                BRONZE Member

Hi David,

Did you ever get anywhere with recapping your MX7000? I’ve just started having a look and there are certainly a lot to replace.

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.