Hdmi Theatre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marc
      • Topics Started 13
      • Total Posts 35

Guys, I connected my Nvidia Shield to the Theatre using Hdmi A. Is that a Earc connection or not?

Marc
        • Topics Started 13
        • Total Posts 35

I just read that it only has 1 eArc connection!!

Is it possible to choose the eArc connection for the Nvidia and Hdmi A for TV?

svendsen991
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 19

I just read that it only has 1 eArc connection!!

Is it possible to choose the eArc connection for the Nvidia and Hdmi A for TV?

eARC doesn’t work like that. The ARC stands for Audio Return Channel and is used between TV and an AVR (Theatre in your case). And the “e” stands for “Enhanced” Audio Return Channel.

So eARC is only useful if you want sound to go in the opposite direction of the normal HDMI signal flow. Source (Shield) -> AVR (Theatre) -> TV

So:
          Normal (video and audio): Source -> AVR -> TV
          eARC (audio only): AVR <- TV

Note eARC can coexist so you can get video and audio one direction and audio the other direction.

Hope it helps 🙂

svendsen991
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 19

Guys, I connected my Nvidia Shield to the Theatre using Hdmi A. Is that a Earc connection or not?

Just to answer your original question no it’s not an eARC connection. The eARC HDMI port on the Theatre is only on the HDMI out port.

Some devices have something called eARC passthrough where the input port also have eARC but this doesn’t really make sense for the Theatre because that would mean using another audio system which kinda defeat the purpose of a soundbar 🙂

Marc
              • Topics Started 13
              • Total Posts 35

So if I use a hdmi 2.1 cable from the Nvidia to the Theatre using Hdmi A, can I get Dolby Atmos or not?

svendsen991
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 19

So if I use a hdmi 2.1 cable from the Nvidia to the Theatre using Hdmi A, can I get Dolby Atmos or not?

Yes if the Nvidia and the content it’s playing support Atmos. The Theatre will extract it directly from the HDMI stream, so no need for eARC in your case 🙂

Marc
                  • Topics Started 13
                  • Total Posts 35

👍👍👍

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds