Connection Beolab 20 – Beosound Core

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cp
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Hello eveyone,

I’ve been surfing this forum already for a while trying to find a solution, but until now I could not find a complete answer on my problem. Maybe I should also mention that I hardly have any experience on this subject. and I actually bought my B&O product under the idea that it would be plug and play and I would not have to worry to much about it so I could just enjoy soem wonderfull music…  I  So here’s my story:

I’m trying to connect a new set (show room model) of Beolab 20 speakers to a new ( out of the box) beosound core. I started of with making the connection from te core with a power link cable and a B&O power link splitter so I only have 1 power link cable to each speaker. I connected the core to the internet cable and than plugged the speakers and the core into the main power supply. The core was initially flashing blue and then turned amber (as it should). I opened the B&O app en could emmediately find the core so I made connection with it.

Going through the process on the app I’m asked if I want to use chromecast which I switched on. In the next screen the B&O app shows me the apps on my phone that use Chromecast. I press the icon of spotify, press play and the B&O Logo’s on the speaker light up and music starts playing. It couldn’t have gone any better! At least that’s what I was thinking for 2-3 mins. after which suddenly the music shuts down, the light from the logo’s on the speaker went out and … nothing!

Since then I removed the core from the B&O app en tried installing it 10-20 times, did resets on the speakers and the core (in every order that you can possibly think of) remove the app completely, reinstall everything, no result until now. I also tried to connect the powerlink without the splitter in between. I always end up in the same situation: Spotify and B&O show that I’m connected to the core and that music is playing, but the speakers are not switched on (logo’s are not producing light) so I don’t hear any music.

What’s strange to me is that in the setup procedure from B&O I should first connect to the core with bluetooth and go through the setup in the App. But if I do not plug in the internet cable I cannot connect with the core. On top of that I have the feeling that a reset of the core is not fully working, If I press the reset button on the bottom for 10s there doesn’t change anything with the indication light. Also if I disconnect and reconnect everything the blue flashing light never comes up it’s always from the start (except from the first initial setup) flashing very slowly amber.

I’m also wondering what the use if of the two other buttons at the bottom of the core, pressing those also doesn’t give any change.

At the moment I do not know how to proceed/what to try next and I hope one of the many experts on this forum can help me with that.

Thanks a lot in advance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.