New B&O teaser

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Flobuher
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 9

Best best guess, new color or relaunch of the beosound emerge. New product or software update seems unlikely so quickly after the theatre

Sandyb
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 293

apparently the Emerge will re-emerge as a non Mozart speaker.

Which would be very amusing.

kuyttendaele
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 22

Don’t think the teaser has something to do with the Emerge. (Emerge without Mozart would be sooooooo strange…)

andy_js
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 28

I wonder what the point of that is. Are they making it a bluetooth speaker? I personally would really like to see them release a set of speakers I can use with my computer.

Mr10Percent
              • Topics Started 8
              • Total Posts 456

I read somewhere (trying to figure where), that either Mozart board is too expensive at the price-point or there is only limited board supply which are being prioritised elsewhere in the product range.

Emerge will be on the older platform (AES??)

Emilos88
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 51

There was a limited supply of the Mozart board, so they prioritized the Level and Beolab 28. I cannot imagine that it is the case any more, and I bet we will see some older product being upgraded to Mozart soon.

I cannot see Emerge being relaunch without Mozart, as they will have it cradle to cradle certified, and Mozart is the key for this.

Sia43
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 89

The B&O seller in Selfridges told me (yesterday OCtober 20) that B&O is working on a software fix that can allow mozart based speakers to connect to BS-Theater. Could it be about a software update for Mozart?

YannChris
                    • Brittany, France
                    • Topics Started 38
                    • Total Posts 190

“#DNA collection” puzzles me.

Could it be another restored classic?

Beozip
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 61

B&O upgradet 5 produkts for the smart home standart “matter” …..

sorry, only in german 🙁

https://hifi.de/news/matter-kommt-ins-rollen-bang-olufsen-ruestet-fuenf-produkte-nach-113772

kuyttendaele
                        • Topics Started 0
                        • Total Posts 22

The B&O seller in Selfridges told me (yesterday OCtober 20) that B&O is working on a software fix that can allow mozart based speakers to connect to BS-Theater. Could it be about a software update for Mozart?

It’s a public secret that there is software in the works that will let you use Mozart platform speakers (Emerge, Balance, Level) as “surroundspeakers”; but that’s not for the near future.
                        So no, the #DNAColletion refers to something else.

Karel.

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg/Danmark
                          • Topics Started 27
                          • Total Posts 806

B&O upgradet 5 produkts for the smart home standart “matter” ….. sorry, only in german 🙁 https://hifi.de/news/matter-kommt-ins-rollen-bang-olufsen-ruestet-fuenf-produkte-nach-113772

———

English readers only – use this link:

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1665035559

MM

beopaul
                            • Topics Started 4
                            • Total Posts 6

Don’t know if I should spin this off a a new “Matter” topic, but am impressed that B&O is going for Matter compatibility. I use Apple’s Homekit, but am holding off buying new smart home stuff (bulbs, etc) until it’s compatible with Matter. So the linked article seems to say Beoremote One will directly work with Matter devices, but I’m wondering if it would it need a gateway, (BLI, etc). I’m also now holding off considering a Core in the the hopes a new version will come soon based on Mozart, which is what will get the Matter compatibility.

— beopaul

Hiort
                              • Topics Started 21
                              • Total Posts 123

Probably something related to the rather strange initiative to publish NFT art.
                              I was under the impression the NFT market was dead.

Link to B&O

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                • Toronto, Canada
                                • Topics Started 9
                                • Total Posts 169

So the linked article seems to say Beoremote One will directly work with Matter devices, but I’m wondering if it would it need a gateway, (BLI, etc).

I seriously don’t think it will act as a hub. That would be very odd mostly because it needs a wifi connection and AC power to do so reliably.

Millemissen
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Flensborg/Danmark
                                  • Topics Started 27
                                  • Total Posts 806

It is the products (the Mozart based products) that get Matter support….and can act as a hub.
                                  Since the BROne/bt is connected to the products, it should be possible to control functions/maybe even products, that are connected to the (Mozart) hub.

I hope that we will soon learn more – there must be a reason for the decision to support Matter…..this is very interesting 😀

MM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds