FS: Never used MMC 20S

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Sales FS: Never used MMC 20S

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wilderwein
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 6

Hi,

I have a MMC 20S pick up that I dont have much use for. Its located in Stockholm Sweden but can be shipped.

Its hard to put a value on these things. But I looked on ebay and they are listed at around 600 euros. So I want a fair deal, lets say 400 euros plus shipping cost.

Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG20230317112859-scaled

IMG20230317112935-scaled

matador
        • Paris France
        • Topics Started 48
        • Total Posts 689

Hi Wilderwein,

Welcome to Beoworld. The rule here is that Bronze members are not allowed to post sales/wanted add. It is still possible for technical reasons and no moderators will remove your post. That said, if you ever sell your cartridge through the forum, please consider a donation to the forum since it is currently under financial difficulties.

In the meantime you’re gonna endure a little bit of “brainwashing” from me. As Alan parson would sing: “that’s the price to pay…”

Whatever prices eBay have, 600 or even 400€ for a MMC20S is crazy. Even for a cardboard box fetishist like me this is too much by far. You could find refurbished MMC20E for close to half  that price.

And that leads me to another point: a Cartridge, be it NOS, or never open ro brand new never used, etc has still aged and the suspension may be from dry-ish to rock hard, making it less compliant that it was designed to be or even, useless.

A lot of people isn’t aware from that or doesn’t care. Here we mostly all do.

Wilderwein
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 6

Hi Matador, thats strange because im a gold member since 10 years or so. I have been a momber for a long time but didnt post since the new forum and had to re sign. Or at least thats what I thought.

Thank you for your remark about the price. So what do you suggest is a fair price for it?

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 48
            • Total Posts 689

Thank you Wilderwein for your kind and peaceful answer.

It turns out that I’ve heard about member status not being updated because it is a manual process that sometimes may fail. Anyway, I suggest you to contact Keith Saunders and it will sort this out.

About the price, I can’t really help. In my country B&O stuff have stupid second hand prices.
            But I also understand that people sometimes need to make money and are not responsible for the market value.

It’s up to you, I can’t help there.

Wilderwein
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 6

No problem. It’s alot more fun to be part of a forum if everyone is polite imo.

So new suggested price is 230€

chartz
                • Burgundy
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 199

Hi,

That remains expensive for such an old cartridge with a perished suspension, even if the tip is new.
                Its real value is next to nothing and it was the basic cheapest cartridge in the range back when it was readily available anyway.
                You are optimistic and the buyer might be bitterly disappointed. As our friend Matador said, we all know that here!

Jacques

Wilderwein
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Total Posts 6

Oh thanks for your reply. Then its no longer for sale. Will save it as a fun historical item. <!–more–>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds