Four Beosound 9000 questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pindsen
    BRONZE Member
      • Denmark

Hi,
      First question: Is it possible to open/close the lid on a Beosound 9000 with the Beo4 remote?

Second question: By default on powerup my Beosound 9000 (MK3 SW 3.3) shows the CD track number to the right in display and pushing the OK button in CD section under the hood enables showing time elapsed instead of track. no.
      When power has been removed as long as the PIN code shall be entered again during startup (think it is 30 min. min.) it reverts back to track no. Is it possible to keep it in showing the time elapsed?

Third question: Is there in non of the BS9000 SW versions included a possibility to get shown the time remaining of a CD track?
      Pushing the OK button only toggles between track no. and time elapsed.

Forth question: Some Beosound 9000 was fabricated with a black power switch (on the back). Why did B&O change the color to black for a time and is there a reason why for many years it was red?

/Pindsen

matador
        • Paris France

1-No

2-What do you mean by “power has been removed”? If you mean unplugged from mains, yes it revert to some sort of default setting. If you mean “just turned off” the setting should be remembered.

3-I don’t know but normally it should at least toggle between track number, time elapsed AND disc name if the disc has been named.

4-I dont know again. I think the power switch was about some sort of european regulation or a thing like that.

Cheers.

Pindsen
        BRONZE Member
          • Denmark

Hi,
          Okay thank you, for the second question then yes I mean when it has been unplugged from mains. I was just wondering if a backup battery had been drain, but seems like it is a “feature” 🙂
          Regards to the ability to show the time remaining of a track, I had that on my old Sony stereo and for some reason I liked it – it’s a pitty we cannot request new features to be added for the BS9000 – we will just have to live with where B&O ended despite the product remains in use for many years to come.

/Pindsen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.