Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Eclipse sound ?

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Eclipse sound ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stuart50_1
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 14

Hi all

I have a eclipse mk 2 and beolab 20 at the front and beolab 9 also a sub beolab 2 I have had it a little while know and have never been impressed with the sound ? No thumping base when watch movies.

I watch tv and movies mostly have tried altering the set up but still not very good has anyone got some pointers .I used to run through Beovision 14 terrible tv useless software the sound software is the same and was supposed to be a lot better ?

I also used to run through a Beovision 5 much more base and better movie atmosphere

any help please

Ianc2
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 26

I have an eclipse and get complaints whenever I watch a movie loud !!

did you look at filtering and go to sub and turn level up ?

if you flatten the levels in settings , then use the remote volume to get the center to a level you are happy with , enable the sub and set the level to where you want on a scene you are familiar with .
        Make sure crossover is set correctly , and you’ll be pretty much there .

i had 2 facing one another diagonally across the room , but the rear one had to go so now I have to reposition again , but that is something to look at once you have the sub levels near to correct .

Stan
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 163

I’ve seen Geoff Martin (B&O sound meister) mention that the BL2 doesn’t play nice with BL9/20 or any BL with strong low bass capabilities (BL28, BL50/90).  If I understand correctly, it has something to do with the slight delay from the BL2’s passive drivers cancelling out the similar bass frequencies from the other BeoLabs.  So.. if you run out of other ideas, turn off the BL2 and see if it helps… easy enough I would think.

Ianc2
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 26

There are eclipse settings to share bass , have dedicated sub , multiple subs , crossover points , levels etc .
            If if sounded acceptable to you through the old tv , I’d say you have the eclipse set up wrong .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Eclipse sound ?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.