Beosound Moment Service Menu

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mirco76
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 8

Hi,

can anybody help me how to open the service menu in the Beosound moment tablet. Bang & Olufsen changed the way to enter the service menu in one of the last updates? Does anybody know how to enter it?

Best regards

Mirco

Mirco76
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 8

Can nobody help with this?

andy_js
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 28

You access the service menu by removing the rear cover.  It’s been this way since the Moment was released.

Mirco76
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 8

Thanks you for the answer, but I did not mean the normal configuration menu. I mean the production menu described in the service manual. Before one of the last updates it worked like described in the manual.

Wenn you enter this menu, a normal android version is booting and you can install things like spotify connect etc. very easy.

–  Enter BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) into production mode by:

1  Move the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) away from charging on the BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart).
            2  Tap 4 times on centre of the aluminium touch wheel and then tap on upper right corner of the display within 3 seconds: display will turn blank.
            3  Single tap on centre of display, just above the midline: Keyboard appears.
            4  Enter the password ‘2807’ and press Done and wait approx 60 seconds.
            5  Jukebox will reboot and reveal Production menu.
            6  Press on the IP Address button to read the IP address of the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox).

Mirco76
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 8

I have used my beosound moment with  spotify connect the last years. It works perfect.

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg/Danmark
                • Topics Started 27
                • Total Posts 806

I have used my beosound moment with spotify connect the last years. It works perfect.

———

I remember that there were some postings about this on the old forum.

Would be nice if you could explain, how you have managed this….since I know of no native support for Spotify Connect on the Moment.

MM

Mirco76
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 8

It is very easy. When you enter this menu the BS moment is like a normal android tablet. You can install and manage APK and you can manage it do use a service in a background. this works perfect with spotify connect.

andy_js
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 28

I recall reading that Spotify Connect was introduced in a Beta firmware version and removed almost immediately in a follow-up.  Maybe support is still there even though it isn’t exposed?

mbolo01
                      • France
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 12

Good way to give a second life to the Moment. How do you go back to the B&O menu?

Mirco76
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 8

But how can you enter the service menu? The described way is not working since one of the last updates?

mbolo01
                          • France
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 12

that said, the step by step procedure does not work on mine. Tapping 4 times on the aluminums wheel does nothing but pausing/starting

Mirco76
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 8

This doesn’t work after one of the last updates. They might have changed the way to get in the normal android mode.

mbolo01
                              • France
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 12

I didn’t read your very first message, sorry …. yes it is a pity that we can no longer take more advantage of this device after the most interesting feature (MoodWheel) has been broken and before all tablets die

Mirco76
                                • Topics Started 1
                                • Total Posts 8

Yes it is…the Beosound is a device like the beosound core but it is limited through the software. An mine worked fine as Spotify Connect Client until a few weeks. An now i can‘t enter the android menu of the tablet to fix it.

Anonymous
                                  • Topics Started 11
                                  • Total Posts 63

Here is the new procedure to get in to servicemenu after sw 2.0

From software version 2.0
                                  Enter BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) into production mode by:
                                  1. Move the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) away from charging on the
                                  BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart).
                                  2. Tap 4 times on the aluminium touch wheel.
                                  3. Swipe up and then down.
                                  4. Adjust Volume down, 360 degrees.
                                  5. Wait approx. 30 seconds while ‘starting production mode’ is shown on the
                                  screen.
                                  6. Jukebox will reboot and reveal Production menu.
                                  7. Press on the Show Device IDs button.
                                  8. In the 6th line from top, read the serial number of the BeoSound Moment
                                  interface (Jukebox).
                                  9. Press Exit and then press Exit Production Mode by which BeoSound Moment
                                  interface (Jukebox) returns to entertainment mode – which will take a while

ethuijs
                                    • Topics Started 10
                                    • Total Posts 16

Ok thanks,

Still possible to add Spotify app then?

Kind regards Edwin

jongsang Han
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 0
                                      • Total Posts 2

Mirco76, did you access it using the USB inside the moment board?

I have two moments, one dead and one working.
                                      The dead one only connects to APX and the boot loader is probably broken.
                                      I have a dream of using normal things to restore dead things, but I don’t have the courage or enough data.
                                      Has anyone tried this?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds