Dirac Live in BS Theater?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DanteM
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 12

Is the Beosound Theater doing the same as Dirac Live Active Room Treatment?

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/forget-bass-traps-dirac-elevates-room-acoustics-digitally

Mr10Percent
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 456

My guess is that B&Os room correction system is years ahead of Dirac – or any other comparable system:-

1. Mapping of known speaker sets and their individual performances

2. Decades of adaptive bass control

3. Directivity and sound steering

4. With the BL90, essentially noise-cancelling of opposing driver sets to narrow or widen the sound beam to minimise room reflections.

Although not an expert, I would put Dirac capabilities similar to that of the BL5 in obtaining average room correction. BL5 was singing its stuff in 2003!

DanteM
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 12

Yes, but my point here is about using other speakers to improve the sound coming from a different speaker.

I think Geoff mention something like this in the past for B&O, but Dirac launched it first?

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg/Danmark
            • Topics Started 27
            • Total Posts 806

Yes, but my point here is about using other speakers to improve the sound coming from a different speaker.

I think Geoff mention something like this in the past for B&O, but Dirac launched it first?

This principle is not new, not an invention of B&O.
            However, they were the first to implement this in a speaker concept (the BL90).
            Now this has become a part of the Theatre setup concept too – along with the other advantages that Mr10% summerized above.

I am pretty sure that B&O had opted for Dirac, if that was better – if that could be the solution, that they need/wanted to offer.
            Obviously it isn’t!

MM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds