Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Control of link/borrowed sources from Beovision 11

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PhilLondon
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

I have a BV11 in one room and a Beosound Core in the other. the BV 11 is setup to borrow Music, Radio from the Core.

When I call “link-music” or “link-radio”, it starts, but I cannot change channel or go to the next track. I can only play/pause.

Also from the Bang&Olufsen app, I can’t do these operations either, nor can I queue a new song or change radio station if I’m controlling the V1. I can control the Core, but then the speakers in the other room start too.

I’ve just move from a Masterlink system to this Network link system and I do not yet know all the subtleties.

Philippe

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Why not just use the built-in Netradio of the BV11/V1?
        At least for radio listening that should be easier.

MM

PhilLondon
        BRONZE Member

Thanks, that was an example, but I listen to Deezer more often than radio… And I wonder why I can’t control borrowed sources properly, it’s something that’s been there since MCL!!!

Carolpa
          BRONZE Member

Hi, I have a BV11 in one room and a Beosound Core in the other. the BV 11 is setup to borrow Music, Radio from the Core. When I call “link-music” or “link-radio”, it starts, but I cannot change channel or go to the next track. I can only play/pause. Also from the Bang&Olufsen app, I can’t do these operations either, nor can I queue a new song or change radio station if I’m controlling the V1. I can control the Core, but then the speakers in the other room start too. I’ve just move from a Masterlink system to this Network link system and I do not yet know all the subtleties. Philippe

why do you start the sources with “link”.

presumably it will work normal if you start the Core sources on the BV11 without the “link”

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

Thanks, that was an example, but I listen to Deezer more often than radio… And I wonder why I can’t control borrowed sources properly, it’s something that’s been there since MCL!!!

———

How is your setup?
              Is the Core ‘integrated with’ or ‘connected to’ the BV11?

MM

SaltineSurfer
              BRONZE Member
                • Eastbourne, UK

Hello Phil,

Did you upgrade the core to the latest firmware? There’s a bug in this new firmware for all the NL devices that’s broken that functionality for controlling the lead source. In my case I can no longer change radio station or CD using the number pad in a link room. I reported this to B&O support and they replied saying they are aware of the issue.

Rob.

PhilLondon
                BRONZE Member

I’ve now moved the Beovision 11 in the Bedroom (as originally intended) and plugged the speakers onto the TV, the Beosound Core is now setup as “integrated”, and all works correctly now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.