connections help 😅

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dariod
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 5

Hi Everyone, i’m new to the Bang & Olufsen world, even since i knew the brand, i never owned a piece. But now that i’m moving to my new house, i finally decided to buy a set of Beolab, by David Lewis. I actually own a Pair of Beolab 8000/6000/4000 and a beolab 2, i actually own only the power cords, for all of them, so i wanted to know, how to pair them all, to work  simultaneously connected to my Tv, like a home theater when i watch movies and when it’s off, to listen to music. May be an easy issue,and but since i know like 0, about connecting , could anyone gimme a hand, on wich cables do i need to make them all work, and how to do it 😅, thanks in advance to everyone !

checkler
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 12

Steve at soundsheavenly.com would be your best help with all necessary cables. The Beosound CORE is what I used for seamless music and non-B&O television sound. Again, Steve can help the best with your questions/needs.

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

Hi Dariod,

Sorry if I tell you things you already know but as you said your newbie…

All your speakers are powered speakers that don’t need an amplifier to work.
          Normally, they all have a line in socket that allow you to use them with a simple “RCA to anything” wire, sparing you from the need of expensive Powerlink cables.

Now, if you want to build an home cinema with all those speakers and be able to listen to music, manage scenarios, speakers allocation and more, the easiest way would be a Beosystem 3 or 4. It’s an AV system that stand between the TV and the speakers and can do… A lot of things… But they’re not cheap.

Or you can search for dolby boxes with line out (to your speakers) or Powerlink out (maybe Almando or something like that…) but then the music part would need to be handled by your TV.

Good luck.

dariod
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 5

Thanks a lot, to both of u, for your patience and the time u guys spend to help me out.

Gonna try both the solutions 😄

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              • Topics Started 27
              • Total Posts 806

I am sorry to tell you that this probably can not be done JUST WITH SOME CABLES.

You could get stereo sound from your tv (unfortunately you do not tell anything about which one). The easiest way would be to use the headphone-out of the tv. You could even use more sets of Beolabs this way – you can daisy chain these (means the signal is send from one speaker to the next………of course using a cable).

Since there are different versions of the named Beolabs, you may have to use different cables – Steve from Soundsheavenly (as already mentioned) can help here….usually he answers rather quick, when you contact him via his website.

However, you won’t get more than 2 channel/stereo sound.

You mention ‘like a home theater‘, which would be multichannel/surround etc. For this you’d have to use some kind of A/V receiver – with preout connections – connected to the tv via HDMI.

Then you can connect the Beolabs and configure  the setup in the receiver for movie/music. This again will require cables that matches your Beolabs.

All in all….we need more information on your wishes for the setup.

P.S. Welcome to Beoworld.

MM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                • Topics Started 59
                • Total Posts 328

Hi,

Yes, I can help!  Basically, you have three options if you wish to use the speakers with a non-B&O TV:-

1) Connect two Beolab speakers to the headphone socket of the TV for stereo sound, with volume control from the TV remote, or

2) Connect the TV and all of the Beolab speakers to a Beosound music system, B&O Connection Hub or Core (if you have one) for stereo sound through all speakers, with volume control from the B&O remote, or

3) Add an external AV receiver with pre-out sockets (expect to pay from around £500 GBP in the UK) to allow all of the speakers to be connected for full surround sound with control from the receiver remote control.

I can (of course!) provide cables for any of the above options.  If you can please let me know your preferred option, I will be pleased to advise on the cabling required.

kind regards, Steve from SoundsHeavenly.com

dariod
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 5

Thanks to Millemissen and Steve(btw i do watch you on youtube).

I didn’t mention, but as a tv, i do not have a b&o one, but a Philips 936/12 that comes with a default Bowers and Wilkins soundbar. The beolabs, are all MK2,As a besound system, u mean something like Beosound 5? If i gst the connection hub, could i be able to connect all the seven beolabs at once, and working? I saw something on internet, that trasforms beolabs with a bluetooth receiver, could this work if they be all bluetooth ?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                    • Topics Started 59
                    • Total Posts 328

Thanks dariod,

Glad you found my videos!  Beosound 5 (Beomaster or Encore versions) are not suitable for use with a TV, due to the audio delay inside the Beosound.  Yes, you can connect all the speakers to a Core or Connection Hub, but you will only get stereo sound, not surround sound.

Sorry I can’t comment on third-party items you have found on eBay, these are not usually intended for use with Beolab speakers, Bluetooth devices for connections between fixed products are best avoided as they can give extremely poor sound and be very unreliable.

Please feel free to get in touch via my sponsor link below if you need any help with cables.

Kind regards, Steve.

dariod
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 5

Thanks Steve, so basically in my country, with the same price tag, i can get a Beosystem 3  or a Beoplay S8 connection Hub, wich one of the two, suits the best for my scenario in your opinion ?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                        • Topics Started 59
                        • Total Posts 328

Hi,

These are very different products.  Beosystem 3 gives surround sound and picture processing, but with the TV picture limited to 1080p (Full HD).  Connection Hub (also known as the S8 Hub) is a stereo audio processor that does not do any picture processing, this only works with a TV that has an infra red remote control.

The choice is yours, I can help with cables once you have made your decision.

Kind regards, Steve.

Kiran
                          • Topics Started 12
                          • Total Posts 56

I would go for a BS Core and connect all the Beolabs to this. You will need to daisy chain all the speakers using their Powerlink connections or you can go a step further and split the Powerlink signal for parallel connections.

I would then connect the TV to the Core via optical out if the TV has it or last resort would be to use the headphone jack of the TV.

You would then be able to listen to anything playing on the TV or you can Airplay / Cast to the Core for music only… 👍🏻💯

Millemissen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Flensborg/Danmark
                            • Topics Started 27
                            • Total Posts 806

Thanks to Millemissen and Steve(btw i do watch you on youtube). I didn’t mention, but as a tv, i do not have a b&o one, but a Philips 936/12 that comes with a default Bowers and Wilkins soundbar. The beolabs, are all MK2,As a besound system, u mean something like Beosound 5? If i gst the connection hub, could i be able to connect all the seven beolabs at once, and working? I saw something on internet, that trasforms beolabs with a bluetooth receiver, could this work if they be all bluetooth ?

———

Since you already use the sound output of the tv for the soundbar, you would have to disable that before setting up another sound solution – there is no way to combine these!

Whilst the Beosystem3 (as suggested) could be an option, if you want to use the Beolabs for a multichannel setup, you must know that this means, that you will have to use the tv as a screen only (the builtin apps can not be used) and that it will be limited to 2K/FullHD due to the configuration/age of that Beosystem.
                            And you’d have to fiddle with an ir blaster (and a PUC control) in order to have the Philips tv/screen turn on when you engage the Beosystem

Note!
                            There are solutions for a workaround there.
                            Some examples can be found on the old forum 2 – but this is not for ‘beginners’…..’when you know 0 about connecting

The solution with the Connection Hub can hardly be recommended either – you simply have to few option to manage the sound for different purposes (music <-> movie)….and you’d have to rely on the headphone-out of the tv. And – as Steve wrote – only works with ir-remote based tv’s.
                            Also this would – as with a BS Core – only give you a 2 channel/stereo option.

The best way to go – if you want to use the BL’s for multichannel/movie and you want to keep the Philips tv – IMHO will be to go for a decent modern multichannel receiver with pre-outs (for the Beolabs) and use the HDMI/eARC connection from the Philips tv to connnect to it. (The default soundbar will be useless in that case).

Or you simply stick to the soundbar that comes with the tv…….which is not a bad solution after all.

Maybe you can use the Beolabs with a BS Core elsewhere in your home.

Sorry to say this….I find no other useable solution/answer to your question 😏

MM

dariod
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 5

thanks to everyone for the help, seems not quite easy as i thought 😅

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds