Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Connection Beomaster 7000 with conventional loudspeakers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tschirner1929
    BRONZE Member

Hello everyone.

I got a Beomaster 7000 from a mother’s estate. The device must have been built sometime in the 80s.

I’m not an expert on B&O at all, so I apologise if my question here is too banal for you cracks:

I would like to connect the Beomaster to “normal” speakers, but I don’t know how or would like to know if there is any adapter or similar (and if you can still buy it somewhere) that can be used to connect the bare cables of our speakers to the Beomaster 7000.

Even the B&O shop here in Berlin couldn’t help us because the device was older than the guy who worked there 😉

Enclosed pictures of the device and the loudspeakers

Many thanks for your help

Rüdiger

Tschirner1929
      BRONZE Member

Box

Tschirner1929
        BRONZE Member

Beomaster

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

Hi Rüdiger

You’ll need something like this

IMG_0880

MM

Tschirner1929
            BRONZE Member

Wow… that was an incredible quick reply. 1.001 thanks for your advice. I’ll try that. 🙂

Ravsted
              BRONZE Member

I have had similar experiences in other B&O shops.

Incompetent people not knowing anything about classic B&O products and providing either no or poor support.

Unforgivable for a premium brand …

Maybe reading the product pages on beoworld should be a mandatory part of their training ?

Tschirner1929
                BRONZE Member

Hello again after a long time.

I finally bought this cable and connected it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work and now I have a new suspicion and the next – for you B&O cracks probably very ridiculous and simple-minded – question. But hey, sorry, I’m just a completely clueless newbie in this subject:

I know that my mother always used a remote control for this system. However, this was lost when she died and her apartment was cleared out.

Could that be why I can’t get any sound out of the speaker? I put in a CD and both the Beomaster 7000 and the Beogram 7000 are switched on and the speakers are of course connected to the cables. The CD also seems to be spinning in the drive.

I can’t find a manual option on the device to change anything! Is it possible that the devices cannot be operated without a remote control …and if so, are there still replacement remote controls available today?

Thanks again for the support of an idiot! 😉

Rüdiger

Stereomensch
                  BRONZE Member

Hallo Rüdiger,

die beste FB ist die Beolink 1000. Die kostet nicht viel und ist robust, die 7000er und 5000er sind technisch interessant aber fragil.

Um das ganze 7000er System zu nutzen empfiehlt sich das Master Control Panel 6500, wenn man denn alle Funktionen heute noch nutzen will (macht aus meiner Erfahrung kein Mensch).

Was für Lautsprecher nutzt du? Sind das Beolab Lautsprecher?

1. Sind da die Stecker drin?
                    2. alles richtig verkabelt? Eingänge mit Ausgängen verwechselt?
                    3. evtl. die Mute Funktion angestellt?

Mach mal Bilder.

Grüße

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.