Connecting Beogram 2403 to BeoVision 11

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Connecting Beogram 2403 to BeoVision 11

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Viking
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 5

Hi Beoworld.

I am a new member, and this is my first topic.

hope somebody can help me.

I want to connect my old Beogram to my Beovision 11 because this is my main unit and all my speakers are connected to it.

I have tried to do it like this:

Beogram > RIAAS preamp > AV input on Beovision 11

I connected to pin 7 (left), 8 (Gnd), and 9 (right) in the mini Din 9 pins plug marked AV on the Beovision.

I then activated AV as a source in the sourcelist in Beovision.

I can now select AV from the sourcelist, but no sound is coming through. ( not even some noise)

Am I missing something in the connection or in the activation of AV on the Beovision?

Kind regards and a happy new year to all.

Madskp
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 53
        • Total Posts 609

Connector wise you almost cannot do it wrong on the TV side. The worst that can happen there would be switching left and right channel. But what about the orher end of this cable? Do you have phono connectors or DIN connctor?

in the TV setup under advanced settings there is a possibility to choos S/P DIF on/off. If it is set to on you might not get analog sound through

Viking
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 5

Hi Madskp

The output from the preamp is 5 pin DIN and i have connected to pin 2 ( Gnd), pin 3 (left) and pin 5 (right).

the S/P DIF parameter for the source AV is set to “NO”.

I actually also tried to set This parameter to “YES”, and then connected the output from the preamp to a A/D converter, and from This to the S/P input on the BeoVision.

this worked, but with much distorsion, of bass and treble, at times with much sound level in the music.

I guess, that the dynamic sound range was to high for either the A/D converter or the S/P input in the BeoVision.

I therefore returned to trying the AV input.

regards

ajames
            • Topics Started 10
            • Total Posts 40

I don’t suppose it’s because there is no picture. I seem to remember something about no sound if there is no picture but I am probably completely wrong!

Madskp
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 53
              • Total Posts 609

I don’t suppose it’s because there is no picture. I seem to remember something about no sound if there is no picture but I am probably completely wrong!

it should work ok without picture. I had music playing through the analog  AV connector on my Beoplay V1 (which is the same platform) the other day.

I use the original B&O mini DIN to scart adapter in my setup.

Viking
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 5

My problem is solved!!😀

the reason for the problem was very simple. (and a bit embarrassing for me😩)

I had made all the electrical connections in the cable correctly, but I had assembled the mini DIN connector wrong. The inner part with the pins was not placed correctly in the housing, so the pins did not make contact to the sockets in the BeoVision.

After adjusting this, it works fine!

Thank you all for your inputs.

/Viking

Madskp
                  • Denmark
                  • Topics Started 53
                  • Total Posts 609

Great you found out and got it working 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds