Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Comibning BS-wirless speakers in a system with old Beolink speakers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sia43
    BRONZE Member

Hi all,

I have a few Beolink 2000s that are currently not in use as the system I’m using is based on newer BS-wireless speakers, soon to be joined with a BS-Essence MKII.

My questions are:

1- Could a B&O app-based system with various Beosound speakers (wireless) and BS-Essence MKIIrecognise a Beolink speaker such as BL-2000 if it is connected to the BS-Essence (using an old Masterlink converter type 1611, I believe), or will it require an NL/ML converter?

2- If several BL-2000s in different rooms are added to this system, internally connected through ML cables, will the BL-2000s each require their own NL/ML converters, or will they be able to share a single NL/ML converter connected to a single BS-Essence?

3- If the system I described in 2 works, Will the B&O-app recognise each BL-2000 as its own link room speaker, or will they all be turned on and off collectively in all rooms?

Thanks

Sia43
      BRONZE Member

Dear Beolink experts, would any of these alternatives work?

netwrok_2

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg————Danmark

You will need the NL/ML Converter in any case.

If the Masterlink chain has no audio- or videomaster you will need the Powerbox – as far as I know the 1611 can do the same as the box.

The ML chain is connected to the NL/ML converter.

The NL/ML converter must be connected to the home network/router via a wired connection……the same network as the newer products are connected to (wire or wireless).

Everything is configured in the web interface of the NL/ML Converter and accordingly in the setup section of the NL products.

The Essence MK2 is a NL product just like the other devices in your drawing.

The center point is the NL/ML Converter!

6A31AA96-3323-46D3-911E-6807E0682BF1

MM

Sia43
          BRONZE Member

Many thank MM for the detailed answer. Since this is my first attempt at building a network of devices, I would be genuinely grateful for a few clarifications.

1- In alternative 1, would I need an ML/NL converter? I mean, the B&O should, in that case, only recognise the Essence and not BL-2000 per sig.

2- Am I understanding you correctly that ML/NL is needed if I want to daisy chain the BL-2000s? If so, will the B&O app recognise each individual Beolab as a unique device, or will they act collectively?

Many thanks in advance

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

You will always need the NL/ML Converter…..it is the bridge between ML and NL.

All ML devices will act collectively.

Since you do not want any ML connected sources (i.e. a CD player) – you just have the needed ML driver in a setup like you want to create – you will only be able to listen to sources from a NL device on one (or more of the) BL 2000.

Actually you don’t need the Essence (unless you want to connect speakers there).

MM

Sia43
              BRONZE Member

Thanks again MM, for the information. It would, of course, be more efficient not to use an Essence in this network. However, how would the NL/Ml converter receive its signals from the  NL network? None of the Beosounds has line-out or AUX, you see!

Carolpa
                BRONZE Member

Thanks again MM, for the information. It would, of course, be more efficient not to use an Essence in this network. However, how would the NL/Ml converter receive its signals from the NL network? None of the Beosounds has line-out or AUX, you see!

Your Beosound’s are wireless connected to your network. Connect the BLC (NL/ML converter) to this same network and connect the ML to the BLC and “voila” you’ve got a connection.

Sia43
                  BRONZE Member

My apologies for being slow, but if I use the network link socket on the NL/ML converter (see picture), where does the other cable end go to? To the ethernet socket of one of the Beosounds, Or does NL/ML already captures the NL signals wirelessly?

nl_ml

Millemissen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Flensborg————Danmark

The NL/ML converter must be connected to the home network/router via a wired connection……the same network as the newer products are connected to (wire or wireless).

This means – the Converter is integrated with your network router through the wired connection and so to the NL products: these can be wired or wireless connected to this same network.

The Masterlink port is used for the ML products ( = your BL2000’s including the masterlink driver).

MM

Sia43
                      BRONZE Member

MM, thanks again for valuable advice. I’ve just purchased an NL/ML converter and I was thinking if I should also get a Beolink delay box. From your response on another post (BS-Essence + BV14) I understand that the delay box cannot solve delay issues for the NL- part of my network but would a delay-box be necessary for the ML part (BL-2000s and NL/ML converter)? Or may be. I should ask, Will there be any internal delays within the ML part of the network?

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg————Danmark

Since you have no Masterlinked sources in the setup, there is nothing to delay.
                          You do not need it!

157DF8D0-21B8-486C-A857-82F9D6D0F34C

Sia43
                          BRONZE Member

Hi again,

Based on the received advice in this post, I’ve made the below schematic for a network I hope could work for me. I, however, have four questions that I would be grateful if can be answered.

1- Is the mentioned “switch” in the NL/ML user manual something similar to the one in the schematic?

2- What type of media server can be recommended in this case (I prefer simple, minimalistic, great design solutions)

3- In another post, I asked for a solution for the potential delay in room 2 in the schematic between BL-11 and BL-levels. Can a delay box (see schematic) possibly solve this problem?

4- Will my suggested cabling work?

Network 4

Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg————Danmark

Looks ok.

If your network is ok (it seems that you want to use cabled connections), you could use the ISP and skip the other.

Why use a switch? Maybe your router has not enough ports?
                              Just place it where you need it in the setup.

I do not see a need for the delay box at all (as I already wrote).

As for media server – there are many out there….just do a google search.
                              Personally I run the built-in server on an old Synology NAS, which I probably won’t change since I hardly use my stored files…..I am streaming ?

MM

Sia43
                              BRONZE Member

Thanks again, MM; your advice is highly valued.

You wrote that I could skip the other router, yet in the NL/ML user’s guide, the graphs always show a dedicated secondary network. Do you know what good the dedicated router does, then?

Also, since The Master-link connection on NL/ML accepts both RJ45 and ML sockets, is it then true that I could use CAT-7 cables instead of ML-Cables or will I loose certain functionalities?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.