Channeling sound from Beosystem 3 to Beolab 7.4

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Channeling sound from Beosystem 3 to Beolab 7.4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elephantsintheclouds
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Fellow B&O enthusiasts,

Summary:

okay, so recently the Beosystem 3 stopped channeling sound to my center loudspeaker: Beolab 7.4. So I got another one delivered and the issue continues to persist on both BL 7.4s. I use a Beo4 remote to send signals to the surround system and switch between various stereo, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 modes.

Details:

Interestingly, the green light on the back is ON on both 7.4s, so that indicates that two 7.4s are able receive power. I swapped various 8-pin din mk3 cables as well, and ruled that out too. So its not the power line or the audio cables.

After dialing up some b&o colleagues / dealers / experts, it may be something to do with the “digital sound module” in the Beosystem 3. After this sound glitch surfaced, I performed a teardown of BS3 unit and reconstructed it and everything works just fine in the 5.1/7.1 setup as before the teardown, such as the BL6000, BL4000, and BL1s — Except you got it the 7.4s!

One) Where may I purchase a digital sound module fully tested and functioning normally?A reliable guy quoted me around 250. And I’d like to obtain a few more quotations or find an economical workaround ideally :-). Of course, if you think the issue may be something else in the menu settings or something kindly advise. I’m always tinkering with the system settings and it may very well be something I toggled ON or OFF inadvertently, pffff.

In summary, something in the beosystem 3 appears to be blocking the sound to the BL 7.4 mono speakers. For some unknown reason. It’s proving to be beyond my know-how.

Two) Notably, I’m also looking to figure out what type of BSys 3 it is as part of my digilience: Mark I or Mark II or Mark III. Ideas on where to look?

Any other perspective, questions, comments and/or trouble shooting tips? Look forward to seeing where this leads and gaining the benefit of our global community’s collective wisdom!

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 17
        • Total Posts 278

Hi, I think the Mark III has two HDMI outputs, the other two have DVI outputs.

I found this:

1. Mark 1 type numbers 9600-9612

2. Mark 2 type numbers 9615-9628

3. Mark 3 type numbers 7710-7723

here: https://archivedforum.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/39780.aspx

Just to be sure, and assuming you have your cabling correct – could it be that the volume level setting in the menu is set to 0? Or that anything with the speaker role assignment is off? Best of luck! Johan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.