CD50 Tray Jamming – looking for ideas

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram CD50 Tray Jamming – looking for ideas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rand_command
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

So I have a CD50 that plays perfectly, but the tray seems to jam between the open/close process and the raising of the CD spindle process.  I have opened it and replaced the belt an added some lithium grease to the gears.  I also swapped out the largest gear, which was worn at the point where the indexing pin moves in and out (I have a few used parts from another broken unit).  I have had it disassembled and reassembled, and the gears still catch and stick at the same transition point.  If I help the gears through that specific point with my finger everything works as expected.

My question is this: shy of removing, cleaning, and reinstalling all of the gears, is there another way to diagnose this problem?  Would a slipping belt cause this problem?  If not, something else?

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 837

I don’t have the solution, but remembered this video https://youtu.be/9akBE5MdVi4?si=IjFQ7AeFQzj8BZeo

Hope it might be inspirational for this problem.

Disclamer. The video series is called trying to fix, and the concept is that he is just trying things he might think could solve the problems, and dont use a service manual

rand_command
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Yeah, thank you for posting.

I like Vince’s videos a lot – I used that combined with the service manual to find my way around the inside of the player.

There are no visible problems, so I’m guessing at this point that either:

1. There’s too much friction, possibly from old grease.
          2. There is a small site on one of the gears where there is wear, causing that ‘catch’ I’m experiencing.

Either way, I think complete disassembly to clean is the next course of action.  Again, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram CD50 Tray Jamming – looking for ideas

• You must be logged in to create new topics.