BV7 from Beo6 to BeoRemote One

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote BV7 from Beo6 to BeoRemote One

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sigmund
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

My Beo6 remote has been replaced by BeoRemote One. The transition has been mostly successful, but a couple of quirks remain, both have to do with DVDs on Beovision 7.
      (1) Aspect ratio 4:3 has to be set manually when it occurs in a DVD. On Beo6 I click the Scene symbol in the lower right corner of its screen, thereafter Picture -> Standard -> Variation. How do I get 4:3 with BeoRemote One?
      (2) Some DVDs have no menu for subtitles. The Beo6 solution is to click Subtitles on its screen with the film running and then use the inner arrows to select language. Anything similar on BeoRemote One?

Sigmund
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 3

One step closer to the retirement of Beo6: Aspect ratio 4:3 with BR One is achieved by LIST -> FORMAT -> 1 -> double arrow right (above the volume buttons).

What is still a mystery is how to set subtitles on DVDs without subtitle menu. Pink Floyd The Wall is an example. I’ve come a little closer, though. The HOME button (to the right of INFO) makes the menu list appear on the TV, out of which 5 is SUBTITLES. A click on 5 makes the well known SUBTITLES OFF text appear on the upper left corner, but I can’t figure out how to proceed. On Beo6 I would use the inner right arrow to scroll through the alternatives, but BR One leaves me stuck. Any help?

Could the TV be in the wrong mode? When I bought the Beovision 7, many years ago, I vaguely remember that it had a Beo4 mode and a Beo5 mode, and it had something to do with menus. I haven’t found any info about it, so it may just be a false memory. Anybody out there knows something about this?

Sigmund
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 3

Just figured out how to set subtitles with BR One: HOME -> 1 (INFO) -> SUBTITLES -> arrow to scroll. Suppose this would have been easy for a Beo4-user. Case closed, Beo6 ready for retirement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote BV7 from Beo6 to BeoRemote One

• You must be logged in to create new topics.