BV 6-26 Speaker Grill foam

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BV 6-26 Speaker Grill foam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stotty1111
      • Topics Started 19
      • Total Posts 70

And, another question, I have a late 6-26 tv with metal speaker grill, that has come adrift, the foam sheet that sits between the grill and the plastic frame has seen better days , it is very fragile now. I have looked around here in Finistere for replacement pieces, cannot find anything suitable, anyone out there got any suggestions as to a source of said foam, it appears to be very pourous(?), about 2mm in thickness and would be in grey or black?

Tignum
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 17
        • Total Posts 270

Hello stotty1111, mine had the same issue (and probably many more speakers with such a metal grill like BeoLab 7-1 etc.). I decided to just take it off, clean the plastic frame and re-attach the metal plate with a good quality narrow and thin double sided tape.

stotty1111
          • Topics Started 19
          • Total Posts 70

Hi Tignum

Sorry about my delayed response, other ‘stuff’ cropped up, I build and sail r/c model boats, and am known for solving probs with control systems. There are lots of times when I wish I wasn’t!

Ok, I will have a look later in the week and maybe decide to go with no foam. A friend thinks she may have a piece that might work, time will tell!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds