Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision BV 10-46 — install DVB-HD T/C/S2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sverreh
    FOUNDER Member
      • Norway

I have recently bought a BV 10-46 without the HD-module.  From another 10-46 that was unrepairable, I have dismantled the DVB-HD T/C/S2 module.  Is this a simple swap, og do I need som kind of software update? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware?

My assumption is that this should be a fairly simple operation, but I would appreciate any comments or advice before I do the swap.  I have found the service manual for a DVB_HD module for BS3, BV9 and BV7, but there are no service manual for the DVB-HD T/C/S2 module listed in the downloads section of Beoworld.  In case anoyone have access to the latter I would appreciate a copy.

Sverre

pepps
      GOLD Member
        • Kent, UK

I wish you the very best with this and will await your update. I don’t have any knowledge or experience to share with you sadly, but I hope you succeed because this is something I’ve been looking into for my BV7.

Anonymous

The 2 modules that is ”dvb receiver”

is the same for all bv10/bv7/bsys3 its only different cables/cable lenght and brackets to mount them

RaMaBo
          GOLD Member
            • Near Munich

Hi

This combination fits into also in the Beovision 8/40 (MK I and MK II) 😉

sverreh
            FOUNDER Member
              • Norway

Thank you for the replies. After some reading I believe that any configuration can be done in the set-up menus once the module has been installed. I will report back when I have found the courage to perform the installation 🙂

sverreh
              FOUNDER Member
                • Norway

Short version: Today I have a BV 10-46 with a fully functional DVB-HD module.

Long version:

Loosened the six screws and lifted off the front frame as described in the service manual.

bv10_dvb-hd1

The marked panel had to come off.  13 T10 screws.

dvb-hd_modul

The DVB-HD module.  Two connectors, J7 and J18.  I did not remember where they should be connected. I later discovered that a short RJ45 connection from the top of the card to the bottom connection panel had gone missing.  Solved by inserting a short ethernet patch cable. It will be available should the need arise without having to dismantling the TV.

bv10_dvb-hd_tilkobling

Connector J 7  in the middle of the picture.

The DVB module goes into the open space to the left of connector J7. When the picture was taken, I had yet to remove the blind lid in the bottom.

bv10_dvb-hd_j18

Marked position for J 18.

When everything was connected and re-assembled, I launched the service menu — DVB service — and changed DVB connected to YES.

After a restart of the TV, all DVB-services I expected are now available to me.

Sverre

pepps
                GOLD Member
                  • Kent, UK

Woop! Woop! This has to go down as one of the best easy quick wins in Beoworld history!!

sverreh
                  FOUNDER Member
                    • Norway

Indeed, fortunately no takers when I tried to sell the module some years ago. Best of luck with your BV7.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.