<> buttons not working on 8000 turntable

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VFET747
    BRONZE Member

Hi everyone, on my beautiful bang and Olufsen 8000 turntable everything works great except the ffwd and rwd tracking if you want to play a different track you can’t use the ffwd<< or >> rwd buttons that move the arm to desired position on record, I have the service manual. All electrolytic capacitors were replace including the hard to replace inside the aluminum box the tranistor TR5 BC557 a pnp transitor also checked on on dvm was still replaced with a new one This did not solve the problem . Can someone help me fix this problem. Thanks sikander in USA

spassmaker
      BRONZE Member

Hi

The not responding << >> buttons might fail because of a defective Lightbulb in the pushbutton housing or a broken or loose connection between Main PCB and Pushbutton board (check first)

Often the wires of these Lamps are broken or the lamp itself.

Measure from backside of the buttonboard the lamps solderpoints.

If you measure “OL” the lamp is broken if you measure about 50 to 100 Ohm the lamp seems ok and the error is frome somewhere else.

Regarding to the SM Chapter 5-3  you can measure the Voltage of 620 mV of the LDR´s

( P 5 -4 and P 5 – 6) and try to set the voltage with the screws. If you measure about 1,5 to 3 Volt and you can´t adjust any voltage the Lightbulb is probably dead.

Let us know if you got any succsess.

Kind Regards

Christian

VFET747
        BRONZE Member

Hi Christian, thanks for your kind help really appreciate it . I could not find where the lamps are located , this is the model 8000 where the << >> buttons are below it are two large black screws the service manual says these are for adjusting the tonearm drop point on the record . Thanks , sikander

Dillen
          FOUNDER Member

The lamp sits inside the black plastic housing at the backside of the frontpanel.
            Interrupters block the light from the lamp to the LDRs when buttons are pressed, and the screws are for adjusting (ref. service manual).
            New lamp here.

Martin

VFET747
            BRONZE Member

Thank you so much Martin , what is voltage and amp of this bulb ? I finally was able to see it removing the black body with screws , the bulb filament is open, thanks , Sikander

VFET747
              BRONZE Member

Thank you dear Martin and Christian , problem solved! You both are TRULY AWESOME! Please accept my GREAT APPRECIATION !!without your help This would have been impossible to solve! The service manual diagram don’t even show this bulb clearly ! With best regards! With Best regards! Sikander

VFET747
                BRONZE Member

Thank you dear Martin and Christian , problem solved! You both are TRULY AWESOME! Please accept my GREAT APPRECIATION !!without your help This would have been impossible to solve! The service manual diagram don’t even show this bulb clearly With Best regards! Sikander

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.