B&o M5 does not appear in the B&O app

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions B&o M5 does not appear in the B&O app

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    freestyle_zzz
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 5

Hello guys, I recently bought a second-hand M5(grey). I tried to connect it with my B&O app but it does not appear in the app. I tried to reset everything, and connect to the speaker through the IP address. I can see the software is not up to date as I also have another M5(brown) which I bought new.
      The grey software version is 1.24 (it says up to date but it is not) and the brown one is 1.27

I tried to look for the newest software file to update the grey speaker manually but I cannot find an update file anywhere. Does anyone have one so please help me out.

I hope it would fix my problem once the software is updated.

P.s: Sorry if my very bad English. I hope you guys can understand and help me. ThankĀ  you very much.

YannChris
      GOLD Member
        • Brittany, France
        • Topics Started 38
        • Total Posts 192

Hi,

Did you add your grey M5 in your B&O account?

Just my 2 cents if it can help.

Yann.

Hiort
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 123

Those are certainly not up to date. Mine are on ver. 2.1.50400.
          As YannChris said, make sure to add the products to the app by tapping the plus icon up to the right in the startscreen of the app.
          Your devices that appear to be on your network should then appear.
          Make sure your phone (if you use the app on there) are on the same network as the M5.

Let us know your progress.

/Claes

freestyle_zzz
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 5

Did you mean to press on the plus symbol in the B&O app? I tried and it does not come up at all.

I attach the picture in the link below.

View post on imgur.com

freestyle_zzz
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 5

Hi, I tried to add it but it does not come up at all. I tried to plug LAN cable and it still does not come up when I was trying to add it in my B&O app

freestyle_zzz
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 5

In addition, my brown M5 is connected to the app and it says the software is up to date. But your one is a higher version and I could not update it as well. It is so strange.

Carolpa
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 9
                  • Total Posts 201

do you know the (current) IP address of your M5? Or do you know how to find/get it?

if “yes”, open a browser of a PC/Mac/Tablet and type this IP address in as URLĀ  (note: device must be in the same network as the M5).

the configuration page of your M5 should start. then update the M5 to the latest software

freestyle_zzz
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 5

Hi, I attached a picture showing the configuration page of my M5 through my browser. It shows that the product is up to date while it does not. I attached the picture again in the link below.

View post on imgur.com

Carolpa
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 9
                      • Total Posts 201

Hi, I attached a picture showing the configuration page of my M5 through my browser. It shows that the product is up to date while it does not. I attached the picture again in the link below.

I would do a factory-reset.

Connect the M5 (preferably wired) to your network and wait some time for a sw update to pop-up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.