BG 5500 Arm string ankers broken

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram BG 5500 Arm string ankers broken

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Totz
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 5

I understand that this is easy to be fixed. But where can I find a detailed drawing of where both ends (one with a spring) are ankered exactly and how to access these spots (from underneath)? Sorry not enough of an expert maybe?

Mark-sf
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 258

Check out the service manual either here as a Silver Member or at beomanuals.com. You need to open it from the top and you can find the endpoints on the large pulley and near the left of the tonearm base illustrated in the manual.

Totz
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 5

Thanks a lot very helpful. Challenge will be to put a small screw and bolt (best?) into that hole as an alternative to the missing/broken plastic part (as it probably was).  Can you easily lift the gliding part from the 2 trails for easy access? Or do you have to remove these first as well?

spassmaker
            • Topics Started 19
            • Total Posts 115

Hi

This is what I found in the old forum:

https://archivedforum.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/35376.aspx?PageIndex=1

Lot of information some pictures of the way the string goes.

Regards

Christian

Totz
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 5

Thanks a lot for your efforts, Christian.  Unfortunately th BG 7000 differs probably considreably from my BG 5500.

Totz
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 5

I think I take this back. Looks like the pictures are pretty well the same as for the 7000.

My only challenge will be to bring the small screw into the proper place from underneath! Not much space and I do not dare to ‘work’/lift that part of the arm.

But thanks again!

Erich

herrit
                  • Topics Started 6
                  • Total Posts 20

The small vertical white plastic “pin” has broken on my Beogram 5500 too; I designed and 3D printed something that _should_ work OK, but I have yet to install it. More robust than the original, and weighs virtually nothing.

Will let you know if it works!

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 15.46.17

Totz
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 5

Thanks for your good suggestions. A simple bolt and nut worked perfectly as well. Just be careful while taking the two gliding elements out of the plastic fixtures to install the bolt. These could become brittle with age? Follow the instructions to reinstall the string properly thereafter and it works well!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds