BeoVox 3000/4500: pictures of the interior?

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoVox 3000/4500: pictures of the interior?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KolfMAKER
      • The Netherlands
      • Topics Started 36
      • Total Posts 209

Does anyone have pictures of the BeoVox 3000 or 4500 interior?

So with the front panels removed?

lausvi
        • Helsinki - Finland
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 9

If you mean front panel (cloth) removed, there will be only the two speaker elements (second picture here) visible.

If you mean back cover removed, here are some pictures from when I recapped mine. These are Beovox 3000 Type 6716.

IMG_1397IMG_1414IMG_1400

KolfMAKER
          • The Netherlands
          • Topics Started 36
          • Total Posts 209

Thnx very much Lausvi.

you are completely right. I wanted to see the interior. And as I haven’t had my hands on this BeoVox type yet, I wasn’t aware that the back panel had to be removed to get there. So thanks for understanding that.

If I may ask …

In picture 1 and 2, the two pieces of white foam van be seen on the right.

What are the dimensions of both pieces? (W x L x D)

lausvi
            • Helsinki - Finland
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 9

No worries 😊

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the speakers now (I sold the BV3000s and upgraded to BL45000s which are the same size but are currently in storage) so I can’t check.

However as the BV3000 specs say the speakers are 45 x 38 x 8cm (W x H x D) one could perhaps approximate the size of the foams form that. I think they had a white fabric on the outside but felt like foam on the insde.

There is also a foam tape -like gasket. It’s the black tape on the first picture and green on the second as I had replaced it. Not sure if totally necessary but the old stuff was crumbling and I had something close-enough at hand to put in there.

Are you trying to make new acoustic foams?

KolfMAKER
              • The Netherlands
              • Topics Started 36
              • Total Posts 209

Thanks a lot, perfect.

Yes, with the dimensions that are known and your pictures, I can estimate all other dimensions. That will work.

Psycho Dave
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 1

I am late to the party, but what did you use for new gasket?

lausvi wrote:
                There is also a foam tape -like gasket. It’s the black tape on the first picture and green on the second as I had replaced it. Not sure if totally necessary but the old stuff was crumbling and I had something close-enough at hand to put in there.

lausvi
                  • Helsinki - Finland
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 9

It was just double-sided foam tape, couple mm. thick. It resembled the original and it felt like it would do the business.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds