Beovision Eclipse not turning on

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beovision Eclipse not turning on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mbee
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 51

Hi,

I’ve just purchased a 2nd hand Beovision Eclipse MKI from 2017, from a very trustworthy couple who hasn’t turn it on since some months.

After I set up everything consciously (I’m used to B&O setups…) I can see the TV on my B&O app, but I can’t turn it on, it’s just a black screen emitting periodontal clicking noises from a relay switching on and off every 2 seconds approximately. Sometimes a 1-pixel line appears briefly on the panel where the sound scale should be, but that’s all. Any idea what did go wrong?

The B&O app sees it but I can’t do anything, neither listening to Deezer nor turning on a video source.

Any help ?

Mbee
        • Topics Started 6
        • Total Posts 51

After some thoughts, as the tv is clicking « on », displaying what looks like just a half line of pixels, and clicking « off » forever, I think that the problem is the power supply unit of the LG panel.

But something makes me think it can be another thing : I cannot use the pure audio functions of the sound center (airplay seems to be working on my phones as the Beovision speaker is selected and I can change the volume, but there is no sound at all…)

9_LEE
          • Eastbourne England
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 43

A common mistake here is plugging the HDMI from the SoundCenter into the wrong socket on the screen…

I also seem to remember the RJ cable can be a problem and B&O have a ‘Mk2’ version of it. I’m also not sure if it’s ‘directional’ – so try swapping that around.

Mbee
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 51

Hi Lee,

it’s been a while since I last saw you on this forum! Thanks for the help, but the HDMI is in its correct place (HDMI2, eARC). I also tried changing the hdmi cable for another one, with no success.

The RJ45 cable is a bit directional as there is a 90º connector on only one side (screen side, to let some space for the cover).

Now I’ve managed to get the soundcenter working, I don’t know how. And I suspect the OLED panel has been physically damaged, which could explain the power supply turning on and of after quickly displaying just a half line of pixels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds