Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beovision Avant and Beolab speakers losing commection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cyberc
    BRONZE Member

Hi

I have an Avant 75” and a set of Beolab 17,18 and 19 speakers.

They are setup as 5.1 so the internal speakers are the center, the 18’s are front, the 17’s are surround and the 19 the sub.

I have created a loudspeaker group called Movie with all speakers active as 18’s front left/right and 17’s surround left/right and internal tv as center. The 19 as sub.

The buildin group called TV also contains all speakers  but the 18’s are front together with the internal speakers. The 17’s are surround left/right

Much too often like every day one of the 18’s or 17’s have no sound from them. Going into the speaker group where each speaker will have noice when selected one often doesn’t say anything at all. It’s random which of the 18 or 17 it is.

if I force the tv to search for new speakers 1-2 times all speakers work again.

I haven’t enable power saving for any of the speakers not in use.

what am I missing here or what can I do differently?

regards

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

WiSA connection can be challenging in an environment with lots of wifi networks.
        I would change to wiring with proper Powerlink cables.
        Start with the fronts/18’s and see, if that changes things.

MM

cyberc
        BRONZE Member

Well I do have 1 Wi-Fi network running on 1 channel here, but I would assume that 1 single network would not cause it or at least that WISA can handle to coexist with 1 other Wi-Fi network.

Any chance this is because of the TV? Or because of some setting I’m not aware of?

regards

trackbeo
          Blocked

This is unlikely, but it falls squarely into the “some setting I’m not aware of” category…

If your Wi-Fi network is using 5GHz rather than (or in addition to) 2.4GHz, make sure to configure it to select an individual channel, rather than allowing it to auto-scan for the quietest.  WiSA uses the so-called “DFS” no-license-required channels, which include local airport radars among other things; therefore it has “scan and back-off” safety feature.  Usually this works OK because WiSA pre-selects a secondary channel to shift to in case it hears someone else on its current channel.  Might there be bugs in B&O’s implementataion?  Maybe, but more likely is a router suddenly changing its own channel if it, too, is using the DFS channels — thus trampling on whatever WiSA had chosen as back-up.  So pick an individual channel, like 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, or 161 (i.e. skipping over the DFS channels) for your router’s 5GHz.  (Multiply by the number of neighbors using the same auto-select strategy, or super-wide bandwidth channels inside the DFS range.)

cyberc
            BRONZE Member

Thanks that was helpful.

I’m running Ubiquiti and had the nightly optimization enabled which meant that every night the channel could change also to a DFS channel. Right now its on channel 36 and since all speakers are working I have hardcoded 36 as a fixed channel and hopefully that will work.

Thanks.

cyberc
              BRONZE Member

I’m resurrecting this thread as the issue still persists.

My Wi-Fi is running on 5ghz but not on a DFS channel.

The issue seems to impact only 1 of my speakers as the rest works fine. If I unplug/plug-in the power to that speaker then it works just fine again.

if I tries to remove the speaker from the tv and re-add it it also helps but sometimes one of the other speakers stops working.  This can be helped with an unplug/plug-in of power.

any suggestions to what the issue can be?

trackbeo
                Blocked

No idea what the issue can be, but… suggestions?… Ennh, only bad ones…  (1) As @MM says above, just wire the suckers. Or at least two of them, WAG-ing that reducing the overall address count or frequency usage might avoid some bug.  In the same vein, wire or turn off the one principally drop-out speaker “permanently” to see if that fixes it forever, or sooner or later just moves the problem.  (2) Crazy DIY experiment: Buy a WiSA SoundSend ($179) and connect it with some other TV, and let that link to all the speakers to see if they stay connected.  If not, return it and try #1 above.  But if the SoundSend amazingly works, blame B&O and start wasting time with their “professional” tech support.  (3) Experiment #2: Switch your network to 2.4GHz only, for all devices.  Truly, unless you are a massive data consumer with many, many devices competing, or have an old 802.11b device bleating on, you won’t even notice.  Well, except reception will improve everywhere!  (Unless you have neighbors competing for the 2.4GHz channels, of course.)

WoodyWood61
                  BRONZE Member

just to let you all know, since a couple of weeks I have very similar symptoms and “experimental results” cyberc… I somehow “feel” the TV (BeoVision 11) is the problem – when recanning if often says “missing” and sometimes it crashes, it the BV shuts down and then, at least for a while, the problem is gone!

Another, possibly related, issue: one of my BL5’s needs a new Chassis (clicking noises, other noises, hardly any <100 Hz sound. I only mention this as the BL18 WISA problems began possibly around the same time the BL5 problems began…. (before that, my WISA connected BL18’s worked fine for years).

Anyone?

Rene

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.