Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision AV9000 – no sound from speaker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hector99
    BRONZE Member

Hi folks – thanks for having me :o) I think an AV9000 is classed as vintage now?

Just saved a Beovision AV9000 (TV, base, and remote) from landfill – should I just have let it go?..

It’s in good condition but has sat for 15 years. As with all AV things of this vintage – components will be on their way out.

Everything works fine apart form no audio from the speaker. There is audio via line out though so it’s not a total loss.

Does anyone know of any common faults with the amplifier board? Anyone fixing them or have spare parts? Or is it heading for it’s original destination?

Many thanks

hector99
      BRONZE Member

going, going…

Stoobie
        GOLD Member

Take a look here, you might not have the complete setup.

https://beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=865

Stoobie

hector99
          BRONZE Member

Hi, Stoobie.  I defininitely don’t have the complete setup – unfortunately.  I would have thought setting the sound to – MONO – would have used only the integrated centre speaker though?

hector99
            BRONZE Member

2 fuses seem to be gone – F4 and F5 on the power supply in the ‘control centre’.
              It’s a start I suppose…

Stoobie
              GOLD Member

Hi, Stoobie. I defininitely don’t have the complete setup – unfortunately. I would have thought setting the sound to – MONO – would have used only the integrated centre speaker though?

I’m sorry, I should have been clearer, I wondered if the sound controls are handled by the missing Master Control Panel AV9000.

However spec on Beoworld shows :-

Daily operation recommended: Beo4
                Sound processing: Dolby Surround Sound, Pro-logic decoder Sound modes (sound 1-5) Mono (Centre speaker) It will auto-detect if speakers are added.

So maybe Mono will work and there is another issue.

Stoobie

hector99
                BRONZE Member

Changed the fuses but they immediately blew.  Checking the bridge rectifiers – there’s a short between the AC terminals on one of them and not the other.  They’re cheap so I’ll change them and see what happens.  Super simple PSU so surely there’s not a lot to go wrong…

Feel free to chip anyone – I’ve not touched electronics for years and forgotten most of it!

Is this in the correct sub forum?  Thought some electronic guru might have had something to say by now.

hector99
                  BRONZE Member

Oh well – going by the dearth of replies I guess no one will be wanting any spare parts before it’s skipped…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.