Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 7-40 Mk5 – 3D capability?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deaddruid
    FOUNDER Member

I’m still struggling to understand what capability I have in my BV 7-40 Mk5. It’s type 9644, with accessories DVD and T2C.

I could not find a way to ask the TV whether a Blu-Ray player is installed, so I tried a Blu-Ray disk… and it worked. So I guess that means it has Blu-Ray.

However when I tried a Blu-Ray 3D disk, a message popped up to say that the disk requires a Blu-Ray 3D player, and that my player is not 3D capable.

This is odd, because if I go through the menus: DVD SETUP => 3D DISPLAY there are three options: 3D, 2D and 3D SETTINGS. Yet the two 3D entries are greyed out.

I’m trying to interpret the above.

• Does it mean that the TV firmware is 3D-capable, but the hardware is not?
      • Or  does it mean that the TV is 3D-capable, but I’d need an external Blu-Ray 3D player?

I’m confused. Can anyone help?

Mark

altist
      GOLD Member

Hi,

As far as I’m aware the BV 40 Mk 6 is the only version to have the 3D capability.I believe the panel in that version is shared with the BV11-40 that I have. If the entries are shaded out, then that usually means that they anren’t available to you to make use of.

deaddruid
        FOUNDER Member

That’s a shame. It also seems to go against B&O’s usual approach of only making visible those options that are available to you.

I’ve been trying to establish what is meant by “a 3D TV”, but haven’t yet found a website to explain it. In fact, I get the feeling that all the many websites that claim to have their “experts” give the “lowdown” on 3D have all been written from the same source, by people who have no understanding. A 3D Blu-ray player makes sense – it needs to be able to read layers 3 and 4 on the disk. But what part does the TV play? I can only guess that it’s about synchronising the 3D glasses to the TV images… in which case a 3D Blur-ray player should be able to do this!

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.