Beovision 6 26 Pincode menu not showing

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 6 26 Pincode menu not showing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    muppets4
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Thanks.

Unfortunatly it doesn’t solve the pin situation. Right after clicking STOP I am at the snowscreen again.

I am missing the tuning option in the menu. On the other TV’s I programmed the AV under the channel numbers. I did select DECORDER under connections for AV1 and AV2, but can’t program them while missing TUNING. But maybe that has to do with the PIN situation?

EDIT: I solved this by going into the TV with the Master Code 11111 and then with 0 0 and go to enter the system menu and reset to factory settings. Strangely I got back the option for TUNING.

muppets4
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 2

I received this TV for free with a few speakers I bought and I think I have some use for it. But to find out, I first need to know how to make use of it. The forums and the manual do not help me unfortunatly, so maybe I can make use of your knowledge.

pincode
        There is a pincode set on the TV. I have succesfully used the temp masterpin 11111 to get into the TV. But unfortunatly I cannot enter the menu option to deactivate the users pin. According to the manual it is: Menu < < and then stop. The menu shows and after pressing < twice and then stop, I am back at the snow of television and no menu for a pincode shows up. What am I doing wrong here?

Scart
        I want to make use of the SCART ports on the back. I have 3 B&O CRT televisions. They have the tuning option in the menu, but the 6 26 does not have that. Is that maybe because of the pincode issue I mentioned above? How do I choose one of the AV sources to be shown on television?

I hope somebody has the time to help me out.

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 35
          • Total Posts 837

Try pressing menu twice in the sequence.
          If I remember correctly you have to be in the menu before doing what the manual says

Regarding scarts you have to assign a source (V.tape/DVD etc.) in the connection menu

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark
            • Topics Started 35
            • Total Posts 837

Unfortunatly it doesn’t solve the pin situation. Right after clicking STOP I am at the snowscreen again.

I Hve tried to acces the Pin code menu on my Beocenter 6 Bey pressing Menu + << + << + stop, and that seems to work fine, so the command is right.

To reproduce the Behaviour you have I tried to set a new Pin code and let the TV be with out power for 30 minuttes. After that I used the service Pin code 11111.

When I did that I get the same behaviour that you are experiencing.

I have not been able to find anything that documents why this is so, but my best guess is that the only reason for acesing the Pin code menu is to change a pin code or to delete it.

This can only be done by having the correct pin code or the Master pin code, so no need for this to function when the service pin code is used.

So You will have to get the right pin code or the Master pin code from a dealer to get it working. The service pin code can only be used for 12 hours according to the service manual.

EDIT: I solved this by going into the TV with the Master Code 11111 and then with 0 0 and go to enter the system menu and reset to factory settings. Strangely I got back the option for TUNING.

Great that you got that part working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 6 26 Pincode menu not showing

• You must be logged in to create new topics.