BeoVision 4 50 inch questions

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoVision 4 50 inch questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LPCOLLECT
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 5

I wish to start using my beovision that i acquired a few years ago.

its a Beovision 4 50inch model with just wall mount brackets. It didn’t come with a stand.

Can I use the TV as standalone? (without BEOSYSTEM 1)  rgb->HDMI connector maybe?

Can I connect an apple TV to this somehow? standalone possible? or does it need a beosystem here?

9_LEE
      BRONZE Member
        • Eastbourne England
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 43

Pretty sure you can just feed it with a DVI signal but from memory the switching on might be an issue..

I also seem to remember there being passive speaker outputs on there which Panasonic used, and I’m sure someone got sound from them!

LPCOLLECT
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 5

thank you for chiming in.

so maybe a panasonic remote might help here? with the switching issue.

Rolf2
          BRONZE Member
            • Germany
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 52

Yes, you can turn it on with a Panasonic remote. I used my 4-50 a couple of years with a Panasonic DMR 750 receiver/ BD player and it worked fine. If I remember well, I connected it with a BC 9500 and got the sound through it via the connected Beolabs.

If it will help, I can check and post the serial number of the remote. There should be plenty out there on ebay or other platforms. I guess that it will work with all 4-50 / Panasonic displays, but cannot tell 100% to be sure. My 4-50 is a Panasonic D10 display and it has the IR receiver for the Panasonic remote on the lower left side.

Kind regards,

Rolf

LPCOLLECT
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 5

Hi Rolf2,

the information you provided is invaluable and I appreciate it so much.

so If I get the correct Panasonic remote. I should be able to switch the TV on and switch the “input” to whatever I’m connecting.

do I need to remove the frame of the TV to get the IR to read or it should be okay with everything assembled?

I’d love to get the model number of the remote but I’ll also do some research on my end. I’d love to not connect the huge Beosystem 1 in my bedroom if I don’t have to.

If i can simply have an apple tv connected via HDMI somehow without Beosystem 1. that would be my dream.  (maybe rca to HDMI adapter?)

Rolf2
              BRONZE Member
                • Germany
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 52

I dug a little in my notes of the time when I acquired the display. My display is most likely a Panasonic TH-50PH10. It seems from what you posted, that yours might be an older screen, if it came with a BeoSystem 1. According to forum posts, the displays started with D5 and then went up until D11. Typing the panel name into an internet search engine, I received the operating instruction manual. If you replace „PH10″ with any given number of one of the produced displays, i. e. „PH5“, you will receive the operating manual for this panel.

The manual shows all aspects of the display you are looking for. The IR sensor seems to be for all different panels on the lower left side. Operating it did not require to  remove the frame. But I had to hold the remote very close to the frame in a certain spot to switch the unit on or off.

Also, as Lee mentioned, there are connections for passive speakers at the panels rear side.

And the fitting remote per panel is described as well, so best take a look for it in the manual. In any case I attached the picture of my remote (meant for use with a Pana receiver / BD player) and its serial number. Researching the net, I found plenty of it.

In my case, it had been possible to connect an ATV III directly to the Panel. The connection was HDMI from the ATV to DVI-D (panel) for video and, if I remember well, I had to connect the audio separately because of the DVI  which did not carry both signals. So, in your case it might be as well the case, that you need an adapter or switch for video and an additional audio connection. In any case it should be possible to connect the ATV directly to the screen.

One hint: I am located in Germany. So, what I found is true for my market and it may or may not apply to yours. As far as I know, there were several variations in respect of the different markets. I remember that there seemed to be i. e. different panel types for EU and US. If it means a difference I do not know.

So, I hope it helps and you will enjoy your BV 4 very soon.

Kind regards,

Rolf

FernbedienungSeriennummer

EDIT: I see that the third character of the S/N is not clear. It is: N2QAYB000338.

9_LEE
                BRONZE Member
                  • Eastbourne England
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 43

I think the 4-50 started on a D8 or D9 panel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.