Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beovision 11-40 transportation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    20cen
    BRONZE Member

Hi all,

In a few months, I will be moving from Germany to France, and I would like some advice from you on moving my Beovision 11-40 with the motorized floor stand.

Essentially, I have two questions:

• Do you recommend unmounting the floor stand when moving the TV?
      • If I replace the floor stand by the easel stand, do you think it will be easier to move? Do you know if the easel stand is foldable?

Thanks,

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Definitely unmount the tv from the stand, when you move it.

I would also do that, even if I just had to move it around inside the house.

The easel stand is very heavy – you can not move it much when mounted.

It is not foldable.

MM

20cen
        BRONZE Member

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Do you know the “easiest” way to unmount the floor stand? I saw there are 4 screws behind the tv, I guess we just have to unscrew them.

But how do you hold the tv while you unscrew the stand?

Thanks again

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

These 4 screws are not ‘holding’ the tv. They are there to secure the tv, when it hangs in the right place/position on the floor stand.

Unscrew and lift the tv upwards with the bottom slightly tilted to the front.

You should never do this alone – it is a 2 person job…..unless you are experienced and/or a very strong person.

My advice would be to have a couple of boxes or alike to place the tv on after lifting it off….let it lean against a wall. This way it will be easier to grab it afterwards, when you want to carry it to the new place. Alternatively put it on a bed, a big sofa or alike…..the screen up!

The tv is heavy!

The stand can be carried by one person – take care when you pick it up.

MM

20cen
            BRONZE Member

Hi,

Ok understood, I will try this.

Thank you very much for your advices!

Loudspeaker
              BRONZE Member

These 4 screws are not ‘holding’ the tv. They are there to secure the tv, when it hangs in the right place/position on the floor stand.

The 4 screws are holding the TV! If you remove these, the TV will fall to the floor!

There are two screws securing the bracket mounted to the backside of the TV to the floorstand. Once these are removed, you can proceed as descricibed by Millemissen.

I will advice you not to lift the tv by the corners, as you risk breaking the glass. The speaker cabinets are hanging in rubber grommets very close to the glass, and if you try to carry the weight of the TV while holding onto the speaker cabinets, they will be pushed against the glass at its most vulnerable point, which is around the cutout for the speaker drivers. Place your hands towards the center and as mentioned; this is a 2 person job.

If placed on the backside, make sure the surface is completely flat, as twisting it can also break the glass. And again; don’t lift by the corners!

20cen
                BRONZE Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your help, the unmounting went very well (as you can see on the picture)

Thanks,

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.