Beosystem 3 Analog / delay free 7.1 inputs

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 3 Analog / delay free 7.1 inputs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Blokkenpiloot
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 16

Hi,

I have an Beosystem 3 connected to my PC. Only for the audio, because i have 3 screens whereof 2 with an higher than FullHD resolution, and one with 165hz.

But now the sound is delayed on the Beosystem 3, even with “audio delay” set to zero, in the service menu.

For movies in VLC, i can delay the image, so the sound fits great, but since some movies are in DTS or ATMOS, they need different settings in the video player. And i can’t delay videos from youtube or other video sites.

Some movies will output the DTS or DD to the Beosystem 3 instead of decoding at my PC and sending 7.1 PCM to the Beosystem 3, those need different settings in the service menu of the Beosystem 3.

Even the 7.1 PCM stream from pc to the Beosystem 3 has an noticible delay, i tested the analog (stereo) inputs on the Beosystem 3, and they are without delay. But i want 7.1.

Is there any way to have the same delay all the time, without setting the video to be delayed in VLC/Windows, because i can’t do that in a webbrowser.

I now fixed this issue by using 4 beolink 1611 converters (see picture) and connecting my Beolink Passive amplifiers to them. It works, but i rather have the Beosystem 3 Working.

OR, is there any other device which accepts 7.1 surround with analog inputs, or without delay?

Thanks,
      Aymeric

jvezina
      GOLD Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 43

Does your computer has a HDMI output ? I would connect the Beosystem 3 to it. I would also connect one of your screens to the Beosystem 3 video output to see if the picture is in sync with the sound. This is how the processor was intended to be used. A few video frames are buffered by the video processor to allow video corrections to be made (upscaling, de-interlacing, etc). I remember that the last Beosystems 3 had a game mode. Check also this.

Good luck,

Jean

Blokkenpiloot
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 16

hi there,

I have game mode but i didn’t notice any difference.

connecting the display to the beosystem 3 will work, but only 1080p.. i got an 4k monitor.

standard was 110ms of audio delay, but my screens are way faster than intended by the beosystem i suppose. As there still is an delay when setting it to zero. when i use the beosystem analog stereo inputs, its without delay. but its got only stereo analog

thanks for your response though

DanteM
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 13

Have you checked the distance settings of your speakers?

Blokkenpiloot
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 4
              • Total Posts 16

They were all on 1 meter on the last lest, and before on their real distances. which were between 0.1 and 5 meter.

But you’re smart, didn’t think of this, so i definitly will test it later today! thanks.

Sound travels 1m in 2,91 milliseconds, so if the beosystem 3 is compensating that with the distance setting, i’ll set them on 0.1 meter to test!

Blokkenpiloot
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 4
                • Total Posts 16

Did some testing and made an c# windows program that plays an test tone through the speakers, and measures when the microphone receives the sound.

With the Beolink 1611, the delay is 6-9ms
                With the Beosystem 3 digital PCM, the delay is 42-69ms
                With the Beosystem 3 analog stereo, the delay is 8ms
                With the Beosytem 3 sp/dif, the delay is 145ms

Offcourse my program will also have an delay when detecting the sound, but it’s clear to see the Digital PCM outpout (hdmi from pc to beosystem) has a small delay.

I set the sound delay in the service menu to zero, otherwise the delay is much higher ofcourse. And i found no difference between settingĀ  the distance to 0.1m of 10m

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 3 Analog / delay free 7.1 inputs

• You must be logged in to create new topics.