Beosound to HomePod

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound to HomePod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steph
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 36

Is it possible to connect a Beosound 3000 or Ouverture and play a cd to a HomePod mini wirelessly via wi-fi ?

matador
        • Paris France
        • Topics Started 48
        • Total Posts 689

No.

trackbeo
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 205

[More complicated, but just to be thorough:] Possible by interposing an Apple computer inbetween.  Only Apple brand devices can *send* AirPlay, even though they license lots of speakers to *receive*.  So you could, if you were willing to dedicate (and hide!) an old Mac Mini with recording software and output its “stage monitor” to system audio output, which, in the latest releases, can be selected to be any AirPlay speaker.  (Or buy rogueamoeba.com Loopback or AirFoil?) I suppose the same could be done with an iPad or even an old iPod Touch, if you could find the right utility.  A lot of hardware, just to avoid “no”.

XavierItzmann
            • Topics Started 31
            • Total Posts 130

The Wiim Mini will receive audio from its Aux-In/Line-In port (you can make that input port be either one from the Wiim Mini app).

The Wiim Mini can be set to transmit any audio it receives from that In-port to a paired bluetooth device.  It can also be set to be automatic, so if sound is detected from the In-port it will immediately start transmitting to bluetooth.

However, I would not recommend this solution.  It is well known that bluetooth is a bandwidth and data-rate limited protocol.  Your audio will be degraded from its original CD quality.

A better solution to integrate with an Emerge would be to run a stereo audio cable from the BS3000 or Ouverture to the Emerge.

Steph
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 12
              • Total Posts 36

Thanks Xavier,
              The bluetooth solution is because the Beosound and the speaker can’t be in the same place.

It’s a project but if the BS 9000 is in another league, the BS 3000 or Ouverture is B&O essence, and I miss my Beosound 3000 (with large clamper).
              So I’d like to buy a BS with small clamper, more B&O magic

OlivierC
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 14

Maybe another option, more costly than BT but full B&O:

BS 3000 / Ouverture connected to a 2nd hand Beoplay M3, maybe hidden in a cupboard or a cabinet, volume set to 0.

Then wireless connection via Multiroom to another Multiroom-enabled speaker (Emerge, M3, M5 etc.), placed wherever you want.

Much higher quality than BT via Wi-Fi.

Not my recipe, few others have walked that path in this forum, mostly with turntables instead of CD players / sound systems.

Regards.

Olivier

Steph
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 12
                  • Total Posts 36

Not bad at all, thanks for the recipe Olivier.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds