beosound theatre latest firmware question

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions beosound theatre latest firmware question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lavie
      • Topics Started 10
      • Total Posts 18

Hi all,

Since the last update of the BS Theatre, the bass has increased by TONS when watching tv series/movies. Disabling the ‘bass management’ function bring it closer to the level it was before. I’m running my Theatre solo i.e. w/o any other speaker connected to it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Ed

Sandyb
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 293

a bit too yes.

They do keep tweaking the sound processing with successive major SW updates.

Remember, with the newer 3.4.1(8) SW, there is the ability for users to add a default volume gain (or reduction) for individual sources.

Go to Sources / Source Startup behaviour / scroll down and you’ll see the vol gain for that source etc.

This was supposed to be their cure for the processing producing quite varied loudness outcomes, which is what had been fed back to them.

I’ve played around with this default volume gain setting – for my Sky set top box – though the results are not obvious to my ears.

But anyway, something you may not be aware of, and something perhaps to play around with.

Sandyb
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 293

a bit too yes.

They do keep tweaking the sound processing with successive major SW updates.

Remember, with the newer 3.4.1(8) SW, there is the ability for users to add a default volume gain (or reduction) for individual sources.

Go to Sources / Source Startup behaviour / scroll down and you’ll see the vol gain for that source etc.

This was supposed to be their cure for the processing producing quite varied loudness outcomes, which is what had been fed back to them.

I’ve played around with this default volume gain setting – for my Sky set top box – though the results are not obvious to my ears.

But anyway, something you may not be aware of, and something perhaps to play around with.

Sandyb
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 293

have a play – though from my tinkering, this new Volume Gain isn’t making too much difference.

Your observation of alot of bass may need some separate bass tweaking in the settings.

Lavie
              • Topics Started 10
              • Total Posts 18

I will turn down the bass indeed. Although it’s already on -1. Def changed by means of the FW update. Mainly on movies, not even that much on airplay. Will play around and fiddle with the settings a bit. Thanks again.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                • Toronto, Canada
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 169

I also noticed a big positive boost in base in the last couple Firmwares.   Before music sounded rather flat and Bass-less while movies sounded about right.  Now Music sounds MUCH better bass wise.  Not exactly what I hope it could be but better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds