Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound theatre feedback

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dueno
    FOUNDER Member

Good morning,
      I currently have a beocenter 9300 + beolab2+ beolab 8000.

I’m considering buying a Beosound theater to connect everything to my LG TV.

what is your feedback on the use of beosound theater (bug, use with the B&o app….)?

THANKS.

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

I’ve had theatres  for 15 months now, one standalone and one as part of a surround setup.

On a standalone basis, the Theatre is mighty capable with respect to the sound image (height, depth and power) it produces.

It does seem a little more pointed / built for modern streaming than previous BVs – it can only control 2 peripheral devices using PUC (as opposed to 4), and sound wise it seems to sing with Atmos and Dolby Digital+ content, but less so with older codecs like PCM and Dolby Digital.     As for integrating older B&O stuff into a Theatre setup, others will know better, but there seem to be issues / limitations here.

The current app also does not yet have a TV remote control function for the Theatre, in the way that exists for prior Beovisions – doesnt bother me, but does some.

The other thing to think about – depending on how particular one is – the Theater does require / invite a lot of tweaking, fiddling and setting up.  True Image – their own up/down scaler – seems much less useful and relevant with the Theatre. Separate Listening Positions (replacement for speaker groups) need setting up and switching between for Atmos and non-Atmos content.  On older BVs, you could rely on True Image to manage different signals best – whereas now, a user needs to actually switch between List.Positions.

Whether any of these foibles apply in your use case, I guess you will know better.

But when it comes to its capability when fed a good input signal, yes it does sound superb.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.