Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound BeoSound Stage and compatible TVs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    BRONZE Member

Hello,

as I got a BeoSound Stage for a very good price before the price increase I now need a new TV for my home office 😉

On the B&O website it is said that you can control LG C9 OLED TVs with the BeoRemote one. As I have various BR1’s lying around I want to use one of these to control my setup. As it seems the C9 are pretty expensive I wanted to ask if this options is only with C9s from LG ore if I can also use other LG models or even other brands.

br and thanks for your help guys

MJH
      BRONZE Member

Hello Tim,

congrats with your purchase. B&O has listed all compatible tv’s with Beoremote one integration. It is basically only LG (Oled) from C9-version onwards.

See at the bottom of this FAQ all compatible tv’s: Link

Tim
        BRONZE Member

So C1, CX and C9 are supported but no C3?

Is this a real technical limitation or might other LG OLEDS also work?

matteventu
          BRONZE Member

So C1, CX and C9 are supported but no C3? Is this a real technical limitation or might other LG OLEDS also work?

That list is not up to date, also C2 and C3 series work.

Unfortunate though that the other high-range non-OLED LG series (i.e. QNED85/86/90/91) are not enabled to work with the B&O app.

Vedet
            BRONZE Member

Good afternoon! I would like to clarify whether BR1 is paired only with B&O equipment, in this case Stage, connected to an LG TV, or can be paired separately, without B&O equipment, only with an LG C3 or G3 TV, for example, to control TV settings by downloading the B&O App to the software providing an LG TV to pair the BR1 directly with the LG TV itself?

tph
              BRONZE Member
                • Denmark

The remote control must be paired to the soundbar, which in turn will control the television via the HDMI and LAN connections between the two. The soundbar is responsible for a lot of information exchange between the remote and the television – for example, it will populate all the source lists and List menu items on the remote control.

Even if it is possible to pair it directly with the television (it will pair with other equipment such as Apple computers), you likely would miss both essential as well as nice-to-have functionality.

Vedet
                BRONZE Member

Thank you. In other words, any LG TV settings: contrast, brightness, sharpness, zoom and others are possible with the help of the BR1 remote control, but only when it is connected to B&O equipment. Or using BR1, it is only possible to adjust the sound and sources, and the picture settings of the LG TV are possible only from the LG  remote control?

Tim
                  BRONZE Member

Thanks for all your Help. So basically when I use a LG OLED Tv with my BeoSound Stage the whole Setup has the same user experience as using a BeoVision TV?

I am currently struggling with a Decision, whether to go with a C2 or C3 OLED as the difference seems not to be big but price difference is 500 EUR. For the Office Room the TV is not the most important thing 😉

One other thing. When I use the Setup with an integrated LG OLED, is there a way to add a projector? Something like with an HDMI splitter?

tph
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Denmark

Thank you. In other words, any LG TV settings: contrast, brightness, sharpness, zoom and others are possible with the help of the BR1 remote control, but only when it is connected to B&O equipment. Or using BR1, it is only possible to adjust the sound and sources, and the picture settings of the LG TV are possible only from the LG remote control?

You can navigate all of the LG television menus using Beoremote One. Some options that are available as direct buttons on the LG remote will be in the List menu on Beoremote One.

Vedet
                      BRONZE Member

Спасибо. Другими словами, любые настройки телевизора LG: контрастность, яркость, резкость, масштабирование и другие возможны с помощью пульта дистанционного управления BR1, но только если он подключен к аппаратуре B & O. Или с помощью BR1 можно настраивать только звук и источники, а настройки изображения телевизора LG возможны только с пульта дистанционного управления LG?

Вы можете перемещаться по всем меню телевизора LG с помощью Beoremote One. Некоторые опции, доступные в виде прямых кнопок на пульте дистанционного управления LG, будут доступны в меню списка на Beoremote One.

Thank you. Your answer was very valuable and helped a lot.

StephenJCW
                        BRONZE Member

We have a Beovision Contour – which is the Stage with a C2, in an integrated B&O stand. We received a LG remote (it comes in the C2 box), but have never used it. The BR1 controls everything on the C2, via HDMI CEC passing through the Stage. There is a B&O app you download from the LG App Store after that it’s quite robust.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.