Beosound Moment Service Menu

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Moment Service Menu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mirco76
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 10

Hi,

can anybody help me how to open the service menu in the Beosound moment tablet. Bang & Olufsen changed the way to enter the service menu in one of the last updates? Does anybody know how to enter it?

Best regards

Mirco

Mirco76
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 10

Can nobody help with this?

andy_js
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 26

You access the service menu by removing the rear cover.  It’s been this way since the Moment was released.

Mirco76
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 10

Thanks you for the answer, but I did not mean the normal configuration menu. I mean the production menu described in the service manual. Before one of the last updates it worked like described in the manual.

Wenn you enter this menu, a normal android version is booting and you can install things like spotify connect etc. very easy.

–  Enter BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) into production mode by:

1  Move the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) away from charging on the BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart).
            2  Tap 4 times on centre of the aluminium touch wheel and then tap on upper right corner of the display within 3 seconds: display will turn blank.
            3  Single tap on centre of display, just above the midline: Keyboard appears.
            4  Enter the password ‘2807’ and press Done and wait approx 60 seconds.
            5  Jukebox will reboot and reveal Production menu.
            6  Press on the IP Address button to read the IP address of the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox).

Mirco76
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 10

I have used my beosound moment with  spotify connect the last years. It works perfect.

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg————Danmark
                • Topics Started 24
                • Total Posts 1,084

I have used my beosound moment with spotify connect the last years. It works perfect.

———

I remember that there were some postings about this on the old forum.

Would be nice if you could explain, how you have managed this….since I know of no native support for Spotify Connect on the Moment.

MM

Mirco76
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 10

It is very easy. When you enter this menu the BS moment is like a normal android tablet. You can install and manage APK and you can manage it do use a service in a background. this works perfect with spotify connect.

andy_js
                  GOLD Member
                    • Topics Started 4
                    • Total Posts 26

I recall reading that Spotify Connect was introduced in a Beta firmware version and removed almost immediately in a follow-up.  Maybe support is still there even though it isn’t exposed?

mbolo01
                    BRONZE Member
                      • France
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 12

Good way to give a second life to the Moment. How do you go back to the B&O menu?

Mirco76
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 10

But how can you enter the service menu? The described way is not working since one of the last updates?

mbolo01
                        BRONZE Member
                          • France
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 12

that said, the step by step procedure does not work on mine. Tapping 4 times on the aluminums wheel does nothing but pausing/starting

Mirco76
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 10

This doesn’t work after one of the last updates. They might have changed the way to get in the normal android mode.

mbolo01
                            BRONZE Member
                              • France
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 12

I didn’t read your very first message, sorry …. yes it is a pity that we can no longer take more advantage of this device after the most interesting feature (MoodWheel) has been broken and before all tablets die

Mirco76
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 1
                                • Total Posts 10

Yes it is…the Beosound is a device like the beosound core but it is limited through the software. An mine worked fine as Spotify Connect Client until a few weeks. An now i can‘t enter the android menu of the tablet to fix it.

ethuijs
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 5
                                  • Total Posts 12

Any progress on this topic? I would like to add Spotify connect to my Moment too.
                                  regards Edwin

Anonymous
                                    • Topics Started 0
                                    • Total Posts 27

Here is the new procedure to get in to servicemenu after sw 2.0

From software version 2.0
                                    Enter BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) into production mode by:
                                    1. Move the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) away from charging on the
                                    BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart).
                                    2. Tap 4 times on the aluminium touch wheel.
                                    3. Swipe up and then down.
                                    4. Adjust Volume down, 360 degrees.
                                    5. Wait approx. 30 seconds while ‘starting production mode’ is shown on the
                                    screen.
                                    6. Jukebox will reboot and reveal Production menu.
                                    7. Press on the Show Device IDs button.
                                    8. In the 6th line from top, read the serial number of the BeoSound Moment
                                    interface (Jukebox).
                                    9. Press Exit and then press Exit Production Mode by which BeoSound Moment
                                    interface (Jukebox) returns to entertainment mode – which will take a while

ethuijs
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 5
                                      • Total Posts 12

Ok thanks,

Still possible to add Spotify app then?

Kind regards Edwin

fansastic
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 1
                                        • Total Posts 10

With the possibility to go into the native android menu, can there be any form of additional programming or coding? If so, any possibilities to fix the gracenote link in the Moment, so we can enjoy artist / album pictures again on the songs playing? Or reuse the Moodwheel including favorite songs (inner circle of the moodwheel)

Sure there must be some technical advanced members with the knowledge to revive the Moment to original functionalities? (just dreaming of a fully functional Moment again)

Mirco76
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 1
                                          • Total Posts 10

Yes it is. But you need some coding experiences. My moment acts as Spotify connect client.

Mirco76
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 1
                                            • Total Posts 10

The Moment is a normal  but old android tablet.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.