Beosound Moment

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Sales Beosound Moment

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hiort
      • Topics Started 21
      • Total Posts 123

Think you can find a lot of opinions about Moment in the forum.
      I think its important for you to think about what is your main use case.

I owned one a number of years and liked it a lot.
      However, today it is an unsupported product so some initial features does not work like the “mood wheel”, since that rely on integration to Gracenote metadata that does not exist any more.
      Also, I have seen some people having the tablet screen failing.

So, let us know why you are thinking of being one to make it easier to provide advise.

bnousr
        • Malmo, Sweden
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 35

Congratualation to what I would say a nice buy and enjoy the system and yes, there are still a lot of opinions on the system.

As said, depends on your expectation, but I’ve had the Moment now more or less since it was released and use it almost every day for either playing TuneIn (Net.Radio) or Music (Net.Music) and it has served well. As @Hjort indicate, some features has been lost over time, such as the “mood wheel” function which was depaded a lot already when it was released were I kind of liked the MOTS function more. Also, going back, initially I really wanted the Beesound 5 but at that point in time didn’t have any idea how to hide away the main box, and when the Moment was released my wife bought the unit. But, if you’re into having it to be able to play both Deezer and DLNA-source, then it works very well. Overall happy customer with the Moment in general, just pitty that the support was dropped just after a few years. Also, from design, not really on the same level as some of the older system, such as Beosound 5 which I still think is the best looking digital audio system on the market (and if B&O would reluanch an updated version I’ll buy it in a blink).

ejmbon
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 7

thanks all im just using it on tune in at the mo.with only one icon

showing fully. dont know what happened to the rest

ejmbon

bnousr
            • Malmo, Sweden
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 35

What does your list on TuneIn show? The list of the stations that you defined on TuneIn should show up proper with icons and in the order you’ve defined it. Might be that the ones that doesn’t show up (and do they play?) might be free account limitation with TuneIn. Don’t recognise this and I very seldom login to TuneIn; I mean I’ve been using the same list of channels since I got my Moment which mirrored my ‘standard’ FM channels 🙂

ejmbon
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 7

Thanks for the reply. all the tune in favs work but not only one icon showing

I dont know how to mirror my fav fm channels as tune in has no bbc channels

and on setup it only shows tune in for radio. i might try tune in premium to see

if that works thanks ejmbon

bnousr
                • Malmo, Sweden
                • Topics Started 4
                • Total Posts 35

I’m located in Sweden and if I check via my free TuneIn account it shows quite a few BBC stations:

tunein_bbc

ejmbon
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 7

HI all my beosound moment has developed a fault it keeps looping

the logo nothing else can i somehow reset the tablet, i tried the 4 button press on wheel

no joythumbnail_IMG_0451thumbnail_IMG_0452

bnousr
                    • Malmo, Sweden
                    • Topics Started 4
                    • Total Posts 35

To make a proper shutdown of the Moment, do the following:

1. Shutdown the Moment Hub (SoundHeart) fully by powering it off.

2. Remove the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) from the BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart) so it is not in charging position. Press and hold a thin pointy device (e.g. a paper clip) into the pin-hole for 2 seconds and let go. This will shutdown (Power Off) the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox).

Moment_SoundHeart

3. If less than 1 second no action will take place. (If more than 5 seconds the aluminium touch wheel and the wood touch wheel will loose function; to continue from this situation, place the BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) for charging in the BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart) and redo all the above instruction steps).

4. Wait 4 seconds.

5. Place BeoSound Moment interface (Jukebox) for charging on the BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart) by which the BeoSound Moment interface
                    (Jukebox) will wake-up.

6. Power on the Hub and you’ll should hopefully see that both units now boots up as it should.

ejmbon
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 7

thanks for that, but still no joy ejmbon

bnousr
                        • Malmo, Sweden
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Total Posts 35

What about the LED on the back on the Hub, does they indication any issues? Here is the LED indication chart from the installation guide:

Moment_LED_Indications

Also, are you the Hub using wireless or wired network and are you able to see both units on your local network if you scan your network for devices (you can use tools such as Advanced IP Scanner for Windows)? Additionally, since the Moment Jukebox make use of wireless network (2.4 GHz); any issues with signal strenght were the Moment is located?

ejmbon
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 7

this is a video of it

Carolpa
                            • Topics Started 8
                            • Total Posts 196

leave the Moment Hub off the Soundheart until it’s battery is drained completely.

put the Hub back on the Soundheart and follow bnousr 6 steps.

edited:
                            wait some time to let the battery recharge a bit.

reset the the Hub (see above) with a pin/paperclip.

ejmbon
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 7

Hi all guess what i bought another moment and have a question to ask.

Can i connect my new sonos era speaker to the moment as i tried the search

on the moment without any joy

thanks Ejmbon

Millemissen
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Flensborg/Danmark
                                • Topics Started 27
                                • Total Posts 806

Hi all guess what i bought another moment and have a question to ask. Can i connect my new sonos era speaker to the moment as i tried the search on the moment without any joy thanks Ejmbon

The Era has a line-in connection – see here:
                                Sonos Era line-in how-to

From the Moment/Powerlink out, you will need an adapter cable to connect to the Era/line-in dongle.

However, please allow me to ask….what a you trying to achieve with this combination, that the Era can not do on its own with the Sonos app?
                                Maybe you are using the beolink to other B&O devices function???

MM

ejmbon
                                  • Topics Started 0
                                  • Total Posts 7

Thanks all now running moment on beolab 4 sounds great. tried connecting my m3

no joy, but im happy now thanks everyone.

ejmbon

Millemissen
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Flensborg/Danmark
                                    • Topics Started 27
                                    • Total Posts 806

And you can ‘expand’ to other Network Linked devices using the B&O  app.

MM

BOJ
                                      • Topics Started 3
                                      • Total Posts 4

Thanks for the tips!

eprokos
                                        • Topics Started 7
                                        • Total Posts 16

Selling a BS Moment cause I am upgrading to theatre.

Rarely used it as a tablet only through the app.

Has no scratches, like new condition

Battery has still good life.

Comes with boxes

900 euros

Hiort
                                          • Topics Started 21
                                          • Total Posts 123

Indeed, but that is what they told me. At first, I was told to check that the software was up-to-date but that has been set to automatic since I got the Moment. They then sent a software update to my Moment. However, it would not load despite several attempts and several factory resets. It would start downloading the updated software, then fail, retry and then start to reboot, at which point I’d get a triangle with an exclamation mark in it on an otherwise blank Jukebox screen. The Moment then became unresponsive and I had to reboot it. That got old after a few attempts. When I told B&O Support what happened, I was told that that the Moment is ‘defective’. I‘m now in discussion with my local B&O dealer with a view to swapping the Moment for a Core and Halo, with a substantial discount. I’m visiting the store later in the week for a demo. We shall see…

Very nice if you can get such a deal. Let us know how it progress.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds