Beosound Level & Beoplay M3 Multiroom with Line In

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    beoldn
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 16

Hi,

I have Beosound Level and I’m planning to get Beoplay M3 for Multiroom. I am aware that M3 is discontinued model.

My plan would be to connect line in source to Beoplay M3 so that it would be distributed to both speakers.

Does anyone know if it works?

Based on this chart it should be possible:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411586315537-Which-sources-are-available-in-a-Beolink-Multiroom-setup-

Thanks.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

That works well!

A lot of people have their turntable connected to the line-in of an M3 – just like I did a while ago.

Dependent on how you use it, it must be configured in the app for easy access on the Level.

MM

beoldn
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 16

Great, thank you very much for confirming.

My plan is exactly like you mentioned. I’m going to connect Beogram 3300 via amp to M3.

beoldn
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 16

Could you explain how it needs to be configured in the app for easy access for Level? Or is there any guide somewhere?

I saw some screenshots where the line in level needs to be set on certain level so that it would play automatically.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              • Topics Started 27
              • Total Posts 806

In the setup of the Level there should be a ‘Connected To’ setting.

Also you should be able to use one of the MyButtons.

(Rather deep) in the settings of the M3 you can choose the sensitivety.

Easiest way to listen to the turntable already playing on the M3 I guess will be just to ‘Join in’ on the Level.

Note!
              If you just want to use the M3 for the distribution – and not for listening there – you can change the startup volume of it to zero.

MM

beoldn
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 16

Many thanks again, you were great help.

Sia43
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 89

It sounds like Beoplay M3 is a nice and cheap solution to be used as receiver to connect Older B&O audio devices (if you don’t need the speaker itself as been suggested by MM, above), which can easily replace more costly BS-Core or Essence MKII, It is however not based on Mozart platform, yet I assume it works just fine once connected through ethernet.

Stan
                    • Topics Started 18
                    • Total Posts 137

An M3 works fine to extend the NL network so devices (turntable, receiver, etc.) not near your speakers can be used.  However, in most cases, it’s easier to just connect the device directly to the speaker system.  BS2, Balance, Level, Core, Essence MK2 all have line-in capability.

Sia43
                      • Topics Started 14
                      • Total Posts 89

Stan, you are of course correct about the new Mozart based Beosound devices having line-in capability but I learned that this future is not available on the Google enabled version (after my purchase unfortunately). But it seems like Beoplay M3 and M5 don’t share that limitation!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds