Beosound Core, loud bang from speakers when turning it off

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Core, loud bang from speakers when turning it off

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BeoMedia
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 98

Hello, I just acquired a Beosound Core mk2. I have it connected to a pair of Beolab 4000 speakers with original powerlink cables.

I have streamed music to this setup using Spotify connect and the sound is good. But, the speakers never turn off. They remain on (green led turned on) even after I have disconnected from the Core from my Spotify app. Aren’t they and the BS Core meant to turn off eventually and automatically?

If I go via the B&O app and turn the system off I first hear a loud bang from the Beolab 4000 speakers before they then turn off (led’s turns to red). To me it sounds like the audio signal is cut before the trigger signal is turned off so the speakers remain turned on while the audio signal is cut thus creating a loud bang sound.
      What am I doing wrong? My Theatre turns off (including the connected speakers) once I stop streaming music to it via Spotify connect.

I’m hoping it is a simple setting to change.

PS: The BS Core is on the latest software, the Core is set to have BeoLab 4000 connected to it in the settings.

XavierItzmann
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 22
        • Total Posts 153

For years I tried to use RCA connectors to my Beolab 4000’s.  No matter what I did, no matter what cables, or how short, or how long, or what price, what amp —indeed, even when connected via RCA to one or another B&O audiomaster, the “pop” was always there at on/off time, always disagreeable.

As my location changed, I simply went back to Powerlink.  It works.  You do have your speakers set to Powerlink, and not to LINE, right?

BeoMedia
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 98

Correct, connected with powerlink.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Core, loud bang from speakers when turning it off

• You must be logged in to create new topics.