Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Core – connectivity and alternatives

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Millemissen
    BRONZE Member
      • Flensborg————Danmark

Info here

IMG_0848

Be prepared for a steep learning curve!
      However, there are numerous thread on the forum about this.

MM

DT79
      BRONZE Member
        thank you!

Info here IMG_0848 Be prepared for a steep learning curve! However, there are numerous thread on the forum about this. MM

DT79
        BRONZE Member

Currently got my BL18s & BL19 running wirelessly via a transmitter 1, being fed by my current amp (sounds wonderful).  I purchased a second hand Beosound Core which should hopefully be arriving today, which I’ll connect to the T1 via optical (will experiment with PL as well and if there’s no difference in SQ, might upgrade the BS Core to a Beoconnect Core in time).

I’ve got a turntable and a CD player as well which I use in preference to streaming if I’m sitting down specifically to listen to music, so I also picked up a second hand PS Audio Phono Converter which is a high quality phono stage and ADC combined and has a second (line) input that I can connect the CD player to, thus also working around the annoyance of the BS Core’s single input, in one handy device.

DT79
          BRONZE Member

Got the Beosound Core installed and running. Initial impression is it sounds great and same as before, which is what you’d expect fed a digital signal, but it was late and couldn’t listen for long so I need to use the new system more.

Couple of questions for the experts please…

Do I need to set the switch on the Transmitter 1 to B&O system = Y, even if hooked up via Optical? I’m assuming that’s only for a powerlink connection from upstream?

Does it do anything when you set what speakers you have in the BS Core, and is there any way to specify that you have BL18 + BL19? On the Settings > Connected Speakers page in the app it appears to let you choose both, but it doesn’t load a picture, just what appears to be a placeholder of where the picture(s) is supposed to be, and each time you go in to that setting it appears to have forgotten what you selected the last time.  Whereas if you go in to Settings>Configure>Sound>Speaker Setup then you can choose your speakers, which it remembers, but it only allows you to choose one (can’t also choose a sub if using). So I selected BL18.

On that same page under Settings>Configure>Sound>Speaker Setup there is an option to select if you’re using a transmitter 1, which I’ve selected.  Does anyone know what that does? I couldn’t discern anything.

Does the Beosound Core automatically go into standby after a period of inactivity? I couldn’t quite figure out whether it was or not. I want to know the specific period because I want to check whether it still does it when the last played source is my turntable, because obviously there is a slightly elevated background noise coming from the phono stage.

Finally – does anyone know whether the Beoconnect Core (might get one depending on how i get on with the BS Core and whether I can tell any difference when hooked up to the Transmitter 1 via Powerlink) lets you select both speakers and sub as your connected speakers and whether the involvement of the Transmitter 1 has any bearing?

Many Thanks

Dan

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by DT79.
            DT79
            BRONZE Member

Answered the question about the BS Core going in to standby by experimenting last night.

It’s generally sounding really good, but as with most other set-ups involving a sub that I’ve had over the years I’m struggling to get the level just right. I’ll have it sounding really powerful and impressive but proportionate on one track and then completely overblown on another. More playing to be done.

If someone could help me with the other questions above, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DT79
              BRONZE Member

I’ll post my experiences in case it’s helpful for someone else some day. I do find that it’s hard to find detailed information on how B&O devices work and interact with each other.

I’ve got the bass pretty well dialled in now, just a case of experimenting with wall vs corner position setting and the gain level.

I’ve tried it with a powerlink connection between BS Core and Transmitter 1. I really don’t perceive any detriment vs optical, in fact it’s really sounded good – could it be that when you choose your connected speakers in the BS Core, then whatever changes only take effect if connected via Powerlink? Then again it may just be my imagination…

I’ve discovered that the auto standby kicks in inconveniently quickly. It doesn’t matter too much if streaming because streaming will only start once the BS Core has woken up, but if you play content through the line-in/optical then it takes several seconds to wake up. I don’t mind that when I first start because I’ve programmed a ‘MyButton’ on the Beoremote One to switch on and select the optical input, but if you stop playback and leave it for even ~5 mins, then it’s a pain to have to remember to ‘switch it on’ again all the time so that you hear the start of what you play next.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.