Beosound Century radio problem

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound Century radio problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    filip_kbh
      • Copenhagen
      • Topics Started 18
      • Total Posts 132

As you may have read elsewhere, I was given a Beosound Century by an old lady. The CD didn’t work, the cassette deck chewed up tapes and the IR was not working. All of those errors were fixed by me. I plan to give this stereo to my parents. But there is an issue with the FM reception. Auto tuning only finds one radio station, and there should be multiple stations in my area. I connected an aerial, and it is disappointing that it only finds and stores one station. Am I doing something wrong? In the user manual it says to press “tune” and then press and hold “store” for 2 seconds. The radio then starts the search but only finds one station. Any ideas what could be the issue?

filip_kbh
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 18
        • Total Posts 132

I finally had time to check the FM board. What a hazzle to get it out. Removing 16 screws marked A – some of them quite hidden.

All the caps on the board test fine – that is the good news.

I am pretty sure that the fault lies in the square part 5105 which is just called ‘coil’ in the service manual. It is an IF can with a condenser, and it seems that the condenser in these dies for whatever reason. Since I don’t know the specification, I don’t know if a replacement part can actually be ordered from somewhere, or if it can somehow be repaired by replacing the condenser. Anyone has an idea?if_cap

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds