Beosound A9/Beoplay A9 5 gen video by John

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound A9/Beoplay A9 5 gen video by John

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Millemissen
    BRONZE Member
      • Flensborg/Danmark
      • Topics Started 27
      • Total Posts 806

There we go…
      https://youtu.be/yhd7zSZatsw

MM

Hiort
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 123

Nice update by B&O.
        Stereopairing two A9:s would be interesting.

hadraktas
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 4

I was really looking forward for this release for a while now… Maybe time to replace my A9 90-years edition 🙂

Sandyb
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 293

great to see this retained and updated.

BS2 Mozart coming too.

Both with price rises too though.

This 5th gen A9 has increased to 2900GBP from 2700GBP.

The BS2 Mozart will be 2650 GBP (BS2 launched at 1350GBP).

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
              • Topics Started 59
              • Total Posts 328

…and another review for you with Ian from B&O Manchester!

Kind regards, Steve.

moxxey
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 17

“BS2 Mozart coming too.”

I always thought the BS2 was on the Mozart platform! That’s slightly shocked me as I assumed it was, along with the Balance, Level etc.

Does anyone know if there’s anything new in the BS2 edition 3 versus the current edition?

Sandyb: I have 3 BS2s (really, 3!) in different rooms. I bought these in 2020 when there were tonnes of deals on the market in the first lockdown – paid no more than £1400. I think one was only £1250 back then. Incredible.

trackbeo
                  • Topics Started 8
                  • Total Posts 205

Does anyone know if there’s anything new in the BS2 edition 3 versus the current edition?

The board supporting Mozart has Bluetooth 5.3, uses a USB-C for Aux input, and a microphone for “Active Room Compensation”.

Sandyb
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 293

Yes the price jump on the BS2 is pretty jarring.

The BS2 Mozart at 2650 GBP is quite a jump from 2300 GBP for the now-not-current version it replaces.   And thats before we get to the 1350GBP it launched at.

Spending just north of one thousand for my kitchen BS2 is one thing.

Spending the thick end of three thousand for the same is well into silly territory.

The BS2 Mozart can be seen on the website – like the A9 (5), there is no GVA option anymore. I guess with the Mozart version, stereo pairing can be done without any Google Home involvement, I think (?).

moxxey
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 17

“The BS2 Mozart can be seen on the website – like the A9 (5), there is no GVA option anymore…”

Oh, not good for me. I control my Balance, Level and two BS2s (the third is non-GVA and, if I’m honest, rarely use it for that reason…) solely using my voice!

I might sell the Infantry Green non-GVA BS2…

matteventu
                        • Topics Started 0
                        • Total Posts 56

“The BS2 Mozart can be seen on the website – like the A9 (5), there is no GVA option anymore…” Oh, not good for me. I control my Balance, Level and two BS2s (the third is non-GVA and, if I’m honest, rarely use it for that reason…) solely using my voice! I might sell the Infantry Green non-GVA BS2…

Unfortunately with the re-launch of the Beosound Emerge they made it quite clear that they were no longer interested in having Google Voice Assistant 🙁

Such a silly choice!

matteventu
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 56

Also big news: finally they’ve introduced support to Tidal Connect! At least on these new BSA9v5 and BS2v3.

I actually was about to write an email to B&O pointing out how useless it was of them to gift customers 3 months of Tidal with a purchase of one of their Connected Speakers products, as they didn’t even support Tidal Connect (so a trial of Spotify or Deezer would have been more appropriate, given the support for Spotify Connect and the native integration with Deezer in the B&O app).

Good thing now Tidal Connect is supported on the new products!

I guess they’ll also update older Mozart products to support it (not sure about latest gen ASE products like Stage, Edge, BS1/2 2nd Gen, A9 4th Gen, etc).

Edit: is anyone also able to confirm whether these are still built at the ex-B&O now Tymphany factory in Czech Republic?

Sandyb
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 293

Sonos have removed / not added GVA to their newly launched speakers – the ERA 100 and 300, essentially the replacements for the Play One and Play Three.

The Sonos CEO was on the Verge podcast this week, and said that Google are quite demanding tech wise with GVA these days. The Sonos speakers have some basic voice natively anyway, so their decision was easy.

hadraktas
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 4

Edit: is anyone also able to confirm whether these are still built at the ex-B&O now Tymphany factory in Czech Republic?

I believe I saw a made in China sticker somewhere, and was wondering the same thing…

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                • Toronto, Canada
                                • Topics Started 9
                                • Total Posts 169

I wonder whats going on with the BS1 I thought think it its the update at the same time as the BS2.

moxxey
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Total Posts 17

“I wonder whats going on with the BS1 I thought think it its the update at the same time as the BS2.”

I thought the same this morning. Seems very strange to update the BS2 and leave the BS1.

hadraktas
                                    • Topics Started 1
                                    • Total Posts 4

Maybe BS1 is being phased out and replaced by the BS Level?

Sandyb
                                      • Topics Started 1
                                      • Total Posts 293

The BS1 is not being updated, it’s being EOL’d.

Thought that was fairly common knowledge

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                        • Toronto, Canada
                                        • Topics Started 9
                                        • Total Posts 169

Where is that documented? I don’t think its common knowledge until its official from the horses mouth (or at least the website).

Sandyb
                                          • Topics Started 1
                                          • Total Posts 293

speak to your dealer I’d suggest.

B&O tend not to make big announcements of stuff going EOL.

Was there such an announcement for the Eclipse? You sure as hell cant order a new one, or havent been able to for a while.

Millemissen
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Flensborg/Danmark
                                            • Topics Started 27
                                            • Total Posts 806

So, what is next up for a change then?
                                            The BS Stage with Mozart…..that could be fun, once they finish the sw for adding the other Mozart speakers as rears.

MM

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds