Beosound 9000 Weird IR behaviour.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi alls,

Each time I go away for few days I turn off my 9000 MK2 with the red button and after that cut the main power with a switch at the outlet splitter.

When I come back and turn it all on again, the Beosound does start and work as expected appart from IR reception: no control at all from remote works. Then after a certain amount of time, from ten to thirthy minutes, remote control is back as it should.

Do someone know if it’s an early alert of something or a “normal” behaviour?

Thanks.

spassmaker
        • Topics Started 19
        • Total Posts 115

Hi

About 1/2 hour is quiet a long time…

Does the Beosound react normal to operation with the pushbuttons on the unit itself in the first minutes?

Had quiet some strange behaviour when the glasplate is not mounted or the small IR detection parts  (small triangle plexiglas) and the glasplate are not clean.

Clean the glasplate from outside AND inside and clean the small plexiglas parts, maybe you’re lucky.

Sounds strange but….

Regards

Christian

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

Hi Christian, Thanks for stoping by!

Yes, half an hour is enough to ruin all your holidays benefit!

To answer your post:

The BS9000 is regularly cleaned and the sensors can’t be (as far as I believe) incriminated.

The front panel is working fine at first startup.

When the IR operation is back, it IS back as normal.

The problem is really a delay between a cold start (after likely a week off) and the return of IR operation.

I, ignorantly, was expecting something like “you have a weak inside battery that hold settings and can’t remember you’re in A.Option 1 until it gets a little more juice in.” or similar, because I’m not aware of any capacitor that would need half an hour to charge.

But more seriously, I’d like to know if it is a symptom of a bigger fail to come or… it is just like that. And because I also have a Century wreck that as become my other IR challenge to fix, that I dont keep plug more than 10 minutes each time, I wonder if it could be a similar fault.

Thank you anyway for your interest.

spassmaker
            • Topics Started 19
            • Total Posts 115

Nearly forgot to mention, had trouble with my BS 9000, IR was kompletely dead, not the funny “Option 1 ” konfiguration.

Read on the net about failing IR reciever where someone renewed a Cap on the IR board.

If you are a little bit handy and got a solder iron you could manage it by yourself.

Here´s the link I found:

Beosound 9000 – IR receiver repair

Let us know if you had any success.

Regards

Christian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds