Beosound 9000 mk2 shuttle drive failing??

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 9000 mk2 shuttle drive failing??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Beobill
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Hi, firstly I hope I am posting this in the correct place.

New here as a member but have been here as a guest many times surfing for repair methods, thanks for all the info so far gleaned. A new problem has arisen and I am hoping to find a probable solution before I start the strip down.

Started the other day, changing disc from 1 to 3 and the shuttle dropped to the bottom, 9000 is installed on a vertical wall mount. The 9000 turned itself off and would not do anything..Today I have removed it from the wall so it is now flat on a table, plugged in and switched on and the shuttle drove itself back to position 1 and everything was working as it should, lifted it back up to vertical and this time it changed from 1 to 3 but would not return, got confused and again shut down, lay it down and power up again and it works again.

I am hoping this is just something slipping, I am competent to open it up and carry out a repair I just like to have a bit of insight first, if there are any known issues or likely causes I would be most grateful, Thanks in advance..

billbriscoe
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 24

Hi,

Have you verified that the CD centering mechanism is set to the correct position (vertical or horizontal, wall or table)?

When you moved it to lay flat on the table did you adjust the settings for horizontal orientation?  These adjustment “screws” on the bottom of the unit are definitely required to be in the proper position for correct operation.

That’s the first thing to check.

Bill

Beobill
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Hi, thanks for your response, yes I did set it up for laying flat, good news though, pulled the glass and cover off, everything looked good and was moving around ok, gave it a once over with a brush and some duster gas and its back on the wall working fine, im wondering if a bit of dust on the positioning sensor was the cause, anyway all good now.. Thanks..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds