Beosound 5 option question

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 5 option question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Razlaw
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 130

What option setting is recommended for a BS5, that is not connected to MasterLink and has no speakers connected to it? Only use is the line out connection to a ML/NL converter?

Thanks!

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 17
        • Total Posts 270

Hello Razlaw, I would say option 1? The only ‘no speakers connected’ setting is 0, but that is disabling IR remote control. Apart from Option 1, all settings are meant for a MasterLink setup in my view.

“The music system has five different Option settings:
        Option 0. Used when your music system is connected to your video system and no speakers are connected directly to your music system.

Option 1. Used when your music system is set up on its own or connected to a video system, when speakers are connected to your music system.

Option 2. Used when your music system is set up in one room and connected to a video system set up in another room.

Option 5. Used when your music system is set up in a link room which also comprises a Bang & Olufsen television.

Option 6. Used when your music system is set up in a link room without a Bang & Olufsen television.”

Regards, Johan

PS – why not ML connect it to a BLC and enjoy control from other devices?

Razlaw
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 130

Thanks!  Your thoughts are just what I had come up with experimenting and looking at the manual.
          I am not connecting it by ML for two reasons. First, I have a Beosound 3000 connected by ML but it does not have the newer software chip to function well with a BS5 also connected.  Have spent many hours trying to get both  to work together well.  The BS3000 would need a new chip with Option 5.  Second, having N Music available both from NL and Mozart products and the BS 5, I thought might cause problems…..although as I type this it occurs to me I could rename N. Music on the BS5 as well as N. Radio.  The BS 5 has pretty much been a wall decoration for years. If connected with Line In I can at least feel like it is functioning part of the system and listen to the music stored on it occasionally if I want to.

Razlaw
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 9
            • Total Posts 130

Thanks!  Your thoughts are just what I had come up with experimenting and looking at the manual.
            I am not connecting it by ML for two reasons. First, I have a Beosound 3000 connected by ML but it does not have the newer software chip to function well with a BS5 also connected.  Have spent many hours trying to get both  to work together well.  The BS3000 would need a new chip with Option 5.  Second, having N Music available both from NL and Mozart products and the BS 5, I thought might cause problems…..although as I type this it occurs to me I could rename N. Music on the BS5 as well as N. Radio.  The BS 5 has pretty much been a wall decoration for years. If connected with Line In I can at least feel like it is functioning part of the system and listen to the music stored on it occasionally if I want to.

Razlaw
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 130

Connecting the BeoSound 5 to the Line In on the converter works fine, with one exception.  I can not join Mozart products, only older NL products. What makes it weird is I can join my BS3000 through the converter to Mozart products.
              I have Beconnect Core ordered. I am sure if I connect the BS5 to the line in on it, it will all work. I will probably try it although the intended use for the BCC is to use with my BL1s.

Tignum
              GOLD Member
                • Netherlands
                • Topics Started 17
                • Total Posts 270

I have a Beosound 3000 connected by ML but it does not have the newer software chip to function well with a BS5 also connected. Have spent many hours trying to get both to work together well. The BS3000 would need a new chip with Option 5. Second, having N Music available both from NL and Mozart products and the BS 5, I thought might cause problems…..although as I type this it occurs to me I could rename N. Music on the BS5 as well as N. Radio.

Hi Razlaw, my thought was to introduce a second BLC: one for the BS3000 and one for the BS5, both A.Slave. That should allow to ‘filter’ the audio sources you want to have ‘mapped to NL’. And maybe solve your Line In / Mozart problem?
                In my (non Mozart) set-up I do the same: I have one BLC feeding BS5 N.MUSIC into NL, and one feeding BS6500 CD into NL. Works well.
                Just to be sure! Hope this helps, regards, Johan

Razlaw
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 9
                  • Total Posts 130

What sort of control do you have the BS 5 with that option?

Razlaw
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 9
                    • Total Posts 130

Thanks!  I will consider another converter.  Today I connected the BS5 to line in on a Core. That does allow it to be distributed to all products, Mozart included.  Of course can only control it in the room where it is located.

Carolpa
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 9
                      • Total Posts 199

Hello Razlaw, I would say option 1? The only ‘no speakers connected’ setting is 0, but that is disabling IR remote control. Apart from Option 1, all settings are meant for a MasterLink setup in my view. “The music system has five different Option settings: Option 0. Used when your music system is connected to your video system and no speakers are connected directly to your music system. Option 1. Used when your music system is set up on its own or connected to a video system, when speakers are connected to your music system. Option 2. Used when your music system is set up in one room and connected to a video system set up in another room. Option 5. Used when your music system is set up in a link room which also comprises a Bang & Olufsen television. Option 6. Used when your music system is set up in a link room without a Bang & Olufsen television.” Regards, Johan PS – why not ML connect it to a BLC and enjoy control from other devices?

In my opinion with the proposed use of the BS5, only if the option 0 is chosen will make a difference in a day to day use (of course under the condition there are no other ML device in the same room and/or ML and NL devices listening to IR commands)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.