Beosound 2000 CD test mode

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 2000 CD test mode

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    captroger
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 3

I have a Beosound 2000(US) purchased in 1997 with the aluminum CD clamper. I can not get any response using the “CD Test Mode” as described starting in section 5-7 of the service manual. Non-CD test modes produce expected results, but not the CD Test Modes. Upon further review of this service manual, it looks like CD card PCB8 in my unit does not match the details in the service manual for said CD circuit card. It looks like the CD card PCB88 from an Beosound Ouverture. Does an updated service manual exist for the Beosound 2000/century with this style CD circuit card that describes an updated CD Test Mode menu?

The problem I am having is the laser optical pickup sled does not return to center/start position after playing a CD. Sometimes it will when the entire unit is laid on its back but when upright the optical pickup sled stays towards the outside of the cd area. I have removed the covers and moved the sled back to center activating the “home” switch by disengaging the sled gear rack and then the CD will play fine again. Any ideas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound 2000 CD test mode

• You must be logged in to create new topics.