Beorgram cd 7000 problem

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beorgram cd 7000 problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Svet
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 18

Hi All,
      My Beogram cd 7000 has stopped working. After pressing the Play button the Track sign light up, the disc spins but it fails to read the tracks and it goes off. When the problem appeared I noticed that that after pressing Play the laser was hitting the back of the case, which could be heard. I changed c2103, 2138, 2140 and the laser stopped hitting the back of the case but is still not reading the disc. I can still change c2104 and 2107 but not sure the problem is in the caps. The laser makes the same movement with or without a cd and it is as if it does not understand a disk has been loaded. Is there anything besides the caps l can check? Re:caps. Can I exchange 47u 10v with 47u 25v? I read that the cdm4 of this cd player is very robust and that it rarely fails. Is it worth changing it at this stage or there are other things l should do first? Which variant of cdm 4 would be acceptable for the BG7000? Thank you in advance for your help.

Dillen
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 389

Did you fit the correct type of capacitor for C2103?
        It must be a blue Philips/BC axial. Nothing else can be guaranteed to work.

Martin

Svet
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 18

Hi Martin. It is a Nichikon 47u. Can the reason be other then that?

Dillen
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 389

There could be many reasons, but that would be the first on the list.

Martin

Die_Bogener
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 187

It is the internal resistor of these blue Philips/BC caps. They are NOT LOW ESR…

… and the player hates LOW ESR for C2103.

Replace all and everything whatever you want, but C2103 must be a blue Philips.

And check for cracks on the connectors.

Svet
                • Topics Started 4
                • Total Posts 18

Hi All! I am continuing to have issues with my Beogram cd7000 and have replaced all 6 capacitors from Beoparts. The player have played 1 cd and have switched off, and now it does not read any cds. It shows the same behaviour as when I was replacing the c2103 with non Philips components. Any idea what to check next?

filip_kbh
                  • Copenhagen
                  • Topics Started 18
                  • Total Posts 132

Maybe a picutre of the board after modification would help.

Svet
                    • Topics Started 4
                    • Total Posts 18

Yes sure. Here it is. I checked the soldering today and turned around the red cap supplied by Beoparts. The player started OK but when I moved it to the amp it did not read the cd anymore.

Dillen
                      • Topics Started 4
                      • Total Posts 389

Did you adjust anything?

If you didn’t – DON’T!
                      If you did – that’s why.

Martin

Svet
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Total Posts 18

No adjustments were made.

filip_kbh
                          • Copenhagen
                          • Topics Started 18
                          • Total Posts 132

C2103 was changed? Looks pretty old and original to me. I changed mine to a blue Philips type 47uf/40V.

Svet
                            • Topics Started 4
                            • Total Posts 18

Yes all capacitors have been changed.

filip_kbh
                              • Copenhagen
                              • Topics Started 18
                              • Total Posts 132

The red cap – you mean the polyester cap? It’s not polarised so it doesn’t matter how you put it in. Can we see the back of the board also?

I don’t understand the part about: “The player started OK but when I moved it to the amp it did not read the cd anymore.” Do you mean that it played okay on your work desk when it was assembled? You then physically moved the unit, hooked it up to the amplifier, and then it didn’t work?

Svet
                                • Topics Started 4
                                • Total Posts 18

My Beogram cd 7000 still doesn’t read cds after recapping the servo board. I am inclined to replace the laser unit but have the following question. The player is fitted with a cdm-4/56 but I can source a second hand cdm-4/19 which frame seems different. Will I have to exchange the laser itself leaving the original frame and is it easily done?

chartz
                                  • Burgundy
                                  • Topics Started 3
                                  • Total Posts 199

Hi,

It is very unlikely the CDM itself is faulty. I’ve yet to find a bad CDM4. And I’ve come across quite a few.

Have you checked the voltages as per service manual?

Since you now have the correct caps everywhere, the fault must be around the power supply.

Svet
                                    • Topics Started 4
                                    • Total Posts 18

My Beogram cd 7000 still doesn’t read cds after recapping the servo board. I am inclined to replace the laser unit but have the following question. The player is fitted with a cdm-4/56 but I can source a second hand cdm-4/19 which frame seems different. Will I have to exchange the laser itself leaving the original frame and is it easily done?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds