Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beoremote One Screen replacement… (not a joke!)

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

Hi everybody,

My easter egg about refoaming Beolab 90 did not have much success but this time this is not a joke!

I bought a pair of 6000 for a very fair price and the guy (he called himslef Beoïnoman, which I found very clever!) also had some things to repair: a Beosound 3 – Easy and a Beoremote one that needed to have its screen replaced. He had the replacement screen but didnt managed to replace it by himslef. OK, I said, easy, I’ll do it! He gave me the keyboard and the spare screen.

IMG_2329IMG_2330IMG_2332

The thing is that it was not that easy, at least not when you paid the remote (400€ right?).

Well first you have a lot of screws in the back. From there you say to yourself “15 minutes job”. Then you take out the screws and then you remember the Ouverture Keyboard procedure replacement.

First, to go to the connector for the screen you need to go behind the main PCB. That one is stuck between the back of the keyboard and the keyboard itself.

IMG_2333

But guess what, Despite all the screws, the two parts are glued ala Apple!

So, phone call to the owner, green light to break it and a sharp blade!

IMG_2335

Luckily, after few centimeters, the two part get away with just the nail to break the seal (sorry, not clear but even if I hope you’ll never get there, you’ll understand when there!)

IMG_2337

Expensive stuff torn appart…

IMG_2339

From there, easy to open the screen socket and replace the part.

IMG_2342

Now reassemble the whole thing with the screws.

IMG_2345

IMG_2343

As I don’t have the remote body I can’t check if it works but I’ll report as soon as I give back the part to the owner.

Hope this never helps anyone!

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

Very nice guide. Hope the effort was not wasted.

I guess this will keep Guy from starting to collect dead Beoremote One’s ?

matador
          • Paris France

Hi Guys,

I delivered the part to the owner yesterday and he was able to try it.

It worked.

Regards.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

Well done, matador 👍

MM

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Great to know that it is repairable 😀

Tignum
              GOLD Member
                • Netherlands

matador, do you even feel fear? I am impressed with your skills. I do have a (screen)dead BR1BT keyboard for you if wanted? Regards, Johan

matador
                  • Paris France

matador, do you even feel fear? I am impressed with your skills. I do have a (screen)dead BR1BT keyboard for you if wanted? Regards, Johan

It’s easy to not be scared when it’s not your stuff!

Maybe your BR1BT keyboard worth to be repaired, no? It’s actually not that complicated once you know how it works.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.