Beoremote One managing expectations

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beoremote One managing expectations

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Hereford
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 27

I’ve just bought the Beoremote One BT from a dealer, haven’t unboxed it yet as I’m not sure it can do what I hope and neither was the dealer.

My setup is LG C9 + Theatre + AppleTV.

Currently the setup is well controlled by either the C9’s remote or the ATV remote. Volume control, on/off, and clicking around the ATV UI works fine.

What I want from the Beoremote is a combination of the existing remotes plus some B&O specifics

1) Theatre favorites buttons
      2) Apple TV control
      3) Theatre volume control while the TV is off
      4) C9 remote specific buttons, like settings to change image mode

Now the dealer tells me the C9/Theatre combination isn’t fully integrated, but I imagine the remote can still be programmed to do these things?

I can’t return the remote once out of the box so I’m hoping you experts can enlighten me before diving into it.

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 398

Which of your list dont work properly or as you would like?

My Theatre installation is not for a few weeks yet, but I understand that its the later LG panels onwards that completely integrate – I think from CX onwards, though the missing bits of integration I’m not familiar with. Mike, who runs the Beotalk podcast had a C9 but changed it for a C2 when he got his Theatre, and one of the reasons was the not quiet complete integration.

As for programming the BR1, that is not an option I’m pretty sure.

Razlaw
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 135

I use a BR1 with my Theatre and LG G2. The four my buttons work for favorites, I have mine set for four radio stations. If you want to save a particular channel as a favorite with a satellite box, that does not work. I only used my Apple TV with the Theatre briefly but it also worked fine with the BR1. I stopped using it due to the built in Apple TV app in the G2 which the BR1 controls fine, along with the built in YouTube, Amazon Prime, and Netflix.

As for Theatre volume control when the tv is of, if you mean while listening to music, yes that works fine.

With my G2 I can bring up the settings menu with the BR1 but can not change it, at least when watching satellite. Have not tried with other sources.

Also with the BR1 you can change speaker groups.

Sandyb
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 398

I think the issue is that the LG C/G 9 does not have the same integration as the X one onwards.

NQVHNWI
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 527

The BR1 works like Beo4 in many ways but is also a different animal. Don’t expect 1 to 1 straight away. However, basic functions become intuitive very quickly.

if you have a Theatre and an LG panel, you must load the the B&O App from LG to integrate Beo control. (Halo, BR1, Essence).

The BR1 is then essentially then set up via the BeoApp, including mybuttons, TV lists, listening positions, PUC commands etc. quite a learning curve to do but once acquired, quite easy to do.

Hereford
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 2
                • Total Posts 27

I’ve installed BeoApp on the C9, connected LAN cable, etc. the C9 acknowledges that a B&O product is connected – but it ends there. The BR1 wont control the TV. I guess that settles that there is absolutely zero integration between LG C9 BeoApp and Theatre.

Without the integrated functionality do I have other options of setting up the remote? I’d like to remap the Music button to be “Beosound Theatre” button.

I was hoping I might at least get something like the Stage/C9 integration

Other than that I may just have to settle for the bluetooth connection functionality between AppleTV and BR1 which is pretty good to be fair, but still eludes the quick access to LG settings and the Beosound Theatre favorites are only accessible after switching the remote to control the Theatre instead of the AppleTV.

The BR1 works like Beo4 in many ways but is also a different animal. Don’t expect 1 to 1 straight away. However, basic functions become intuitive very quickly. if you have a Theatre and an LG panel, you must load the the B&O App from LG to integrate Beo control. (Halo, BR1, Essence). The BR1 is then essentially then set up via the BeoApp, including mybuttons, TV lists, listening positions, PUC commands etc. quite a learning curve to do but once acquired, quite easy to do.

NQVHNWI
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 9
                  • Total Posts 527

Have you reset the Theatre and gone through the pairing of the BR1?

NQVHNWI
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 9
                    • Total Posts 527

To add….as it may make a difference, the first-time process I went through….

1. Switch-on LG Panel, Register with LG (nothing to do with B&O).
                    2. Download B&O LG app and execute (links Theatre to LG Panel comms)
                    3. Pair BR1 to Theatre via the BeoApp pairing

It may be that the C9 has issues but I cant imagine that it is non-responsive. I assume compatibility is based on the LG B&O App and mapping within the C2 and G2 models. So I assume you may not get into the weeds of the LG panel deep settings with the BR1 ,but it should communicate Theatre to LG channel and source changes.

Hereford
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 27

You did those steps on a C9? I haven’t tried hard restarted the Theatre no.

NQVHNWI
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 9
                        • Total Posts 527

I’m on the G2 not C9. Different OS. I could be totally wrong?

I’m just going off the assumption that the LG Beo app is a cute way to extend the HDMI-CEC command set both devices have. Hence defferent degrees of integration for different panels. You should get some, not all commands with it being LG and I imagine the high level HDMI-CEC would be almost native to one another?

Hereford
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 2
                          • Total Posts 27

well I only know the G2 is officially supported the C9 is not. it’s just weird what the missing link is. The C9 will work with Stage but zero funtionality with Theatre? The BeoApp on the C9 even acknowledges that a B&O product is connected.

The guy I was through to on B&O support even had hope, as he had heard someone had got it to work, but only to stop working later due to some update..

NQVHNWI
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 9
                            • Total Posts 527

The C9 will work with Stage but zero funtionality with Theatre? The BeoApp on the C9 even acknowledges that a B&O product is connected.

Even more baffling? That says something is not right?

I assume you have used the B&O eARC cable and have it installed the correct way (if indicated) and checked the socket positions match?

what does the LG panel say. There is another LG app there that shows connections to the panel. Is that showing Theatre? Other than that, better get the Dealer to come and help.

Hereford
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 2
                              • Total Posts 27

The BeoApp on the TV just tells me to finish the setup inside the B&O app on the iPhone. If I under the Theatre in the App try to follow the steps in “Complete the B&O TV experience” (or whatever it’s called) it leads to nowhere, just exits after the step “restarted the TV?”..

The Dealer is reluctant to offer help as we’re in unsupported territory.

Do you recall if Mike talked about what he was able to do with the C9 and his Theatre, and which podcast#?

Sandyb
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 3
                                • Total Posts 398

I dont exactly remember, but perhaps ask him the question on Discord – its the B&O and Beotalk server. There is no podcast for a few weeks, but he’s on Discord most days.

NQVHNWI
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 9
                                  • Total Posts 527

The BeoApp on the TV just tells me to finish the setup inside the B&O app on the iPhone.

Hi, Sorry if this comes across as patronising but Im just trying to nut-out your problem in my head. Sorry if Im being a little circular.

There are two Apps required:-

1. The LG (LG B&O App – which is loaded from LG and resides in the TV) and
                                  2. The BeoApp which is from B&O and is on you iPad or Android phone

I assume you have these steps? The LG Panel indicates a loaded App and the LG Home Dashboard App?

I assume you have internet connected to the Theatre? Fully close your mobile device Beoapp.

Reset the Sound bar by pressing << and >> together for 8 seconds.

Dont restart the BeoApp in your mobile device until the TV and Theatre have rebooted and LEDs have stopped blinking.

The BeoApp should take you through a number of steps (buttons are pictures).

1. Press the button picture to load the LG Remote control App (this is done, but clears the button away)
                                  2. Press pair a BR1 remote. The Theatre should auto-find and pair the BR1
                                  3. If you have some control now, you should be up and running. Finish the Theatre setup on your mobile device.

With respect to your Dealer, I would get him involved. He made himself party to you and the Theatre the moment you sent him money and he ordered your equipment. Territory or not. He cannot be reluctant and needs to support you and he can call, email and help……rather than Beoworlders doing his job.

You paid a good deal of hard-earned cash for a flagship product. It should be perfect – including it working as well as it can for the C9 panel. Additionally, if the C9 Panel is completely non-functional with the Theatre, he should have warned you about it being non-compatible before ordering.

NQVHNWI
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 9
                                    • Total Posts 527

Found this link,

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/8580845032721-Which-TV-can-I-use-with-Beosound-Theatre-

Clearly says C9 is not supported and is considered a third party screen. Surprised your Dealer did not inform you?

Hereford
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 2
                                      • Total Posts 27

To be clear, the dealer did not promise compatibility. I have no gripe with the dealer.

I will give it another spin with the steps you described, even I did try the same basically except for resetting the Theatre.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.